Complaints about access to Satelliteguys

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see why there could be a lot of unregistered visitors on this site
especially if they use Ad Blocker or don't bother to post but just read, as most want a quick solution to their problem
and they're just searching around, and go about their way.

Yep, I still say we have a party one night on satguys radio and open up a chat room at the same time, we don't have to do gifts.

I am happy to report that we WILL have a holiday party and we WILL give away a nice prize. I am just trying to decide now if the prize should be a Pub Members only prize or not. After all without the Pub Members Support this year this would be a lot worse. If I do indeed do it as a Pub Member prize it will not be done to get more Pub Memberships, but as a way to say thanks. Please only because a Pub Member because you want to support the site, not because you want to win a prize.

More details to come.

Speaking of pub membership, I have issues that must be addressed first. I also dislike the constant plugging of becoming a pub member over trying to have discussions about thing. It is also why I often don't post, because it is SO UPTIGHT here. :thumbdown:thumbdown

Uptight! ha ha good one. I visit a lot of forums and believe me this site is the most easy going of all of them. Other sites have mods they get up everyday just so they can bitch at someone and hit the ban button as many times as they can. Now having said that every place in this world can have one or two people that can spoil things. I'm not sure how you got the wrong impression, but hang around and you will soon find out this place is most defiantly not uptight. :)

Speaking of pub membership, I have issues that must be addressed first. I also dislike the constant plugging of becoming a pub member over trying to have discussions about thing. It is also why I often don't post, because it is SO UPTIGHT here. :thumbdown:thumbdown

It's the best way to avoid the ads. If your browser is having problems, you could try other browsers. I just tried IE and the site had no issues (just ads since I wasn't logged in). It did load a little more slowly than Chrome. It's slowest on my old laptop, but still functions properly. It may also depend on the speed of your internet connection.

Reactions: TheKrell
Uptight! ha ha good one. I visit a lot of forums and believe me this site is the most easy going of all of them. Other sites have mods they get up everyday just so they can bitch at someone and hit the ban button as many times as they can. Now having said that every place in this world can have one or two people that can spoil things. I'm not sure how you got the wrong impression, but hang around and you will soon find out this place is most defiantly not uptight. :)

On politics it sure is! You were the exact one that locked up a topic yesterday. "The ones of you who want to discuss global warming can start a new thread in the PIT." Sounds like a subtle pub membership plug to me. You do know a lot of the hobbies here are based on politics, the digital transition is a great example of politics.

It's the best way to avoid the ads. If your browser is having problems, you could try other browsers. I just tried IE and the site had no issues (just ads since I wasn't logged in). It did load a little more slowly than Chrome. It's slowest on my old laptop, but still functions properly. It may also depend on the speed of your internet connection.

I won't pay for the sake of avoiding ads, if a person paid for every website just to read the news, or pay to avoid "some" ads, how much money would that person have left over? I would think below zero...

Sorry you took it wrong, I could have easily said take it to email or somewhere else in the world. Not against politics or religion, it is just the facts are people get compassionate about those things. That is fine there are places for that. We don't want to clog up technical discussions with those topics. Was not a plug for pub membership that was for sure.

Sorry you took it wrong, I could have easily said take it to email or somewhere else in the world. Not against politics or religion, it is just the facts are people get compassionate about those things. That is fine there are places for that. We don't want to clog up technical discussions with those topics. Was not a plug for pub membership that was for sure.

That is a reasonable response. Now hopefully this hasn't strayed too off topic.

Facts are the bills needs to be paid. For every message you read or post you make it costs us money. (Not trying to be crude, just stating the facts.)

And frankly I don't understand your comment on plugging the Pub, I feel its something we hardly do, if anyone is plugging the Pub its a Pub member who believes in supporting the site. I have never pushed the Pub hard and I have always said only join the Pub if the site has taught you something, or saved you time or money as we have information and experts here that you will find no place else.

(Updated... I see your mentioning The Pit, which is a Pub Membership feature... The only reason we push The Pit is because seems people want to talk Politics in threads which we do not allow here, which is why we setup The Pit so people do have a place to talk politics with their friends here at SatelliteGuys. And the only reason why that is a Pub Membership feature is because before people would create multiple accounts so it looked like they had more support for their position. Yes some members were even arguing with themselves. :D)

Facts are the bills needs to be paid. For every message you read or post you make it costs us money. (Not trying to be crude, just stating the facts.)

And frankly I don't understand your comment on plugging the Pub, I feel its something we hardly do, if anyone is plugging the Pub its a Pub member who believes in supporting the site. I have never pushed the Pub hard and I have always said only join the Pub if the site has taught you something, or saved you time or money as we have information and experts here that you will find no place else.

(Updated... I see your mentioning The Pit, which is a Pub Membership feature... The only reason we push The Pit is because seems people want to talk Politics in threads which we do not allow here, which is why we setup The Pit so people do have a place to talk politics with their friends here at SatelliteGuys. And the only reason why that is a Pub Membership feature is because before people would create multiple accounts so it looked like they had more support for their position. Yes some members were even arguing with themselves. :D)

I can go back and search my comment history to find those comments, hopefully that doesn't require a pub membership ;)....So political talk ended up being banned over some fruit cake arguing with themselves, and some to support their position more....Sounds like a warning, and banning those extra accounts would have been all that was necessary. Seems that overly extreme measures have been taken here, this also applies to the dislike system as well, all over a couple people that couldn't get a long.

I appreciate the rule about keeping politics/religion discussions segregated. Hot-button topics aren't just a downfall of a few posters that could be warned or banned, it affects everyone at some point and these types of topics almost invariably derail threads into chaos.

I do disagree about the dislike system being removed though.

I wish you well on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)