Complete signal loss in and out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bodysuit man

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Jonesville, VA
I'm getting either partial or complete signal loss on and off all the time. Just had a new receiver installed a week ago and it seemed to work okay for a few days. Now, I can go to the Point Dish screen and in a five minute window it goes from around 50 to 125 to 0, back and forth, unpredictably. What gives?

Sounds like it's possible your LNB is drifting or you have a cable or connector problem. Good luck and Welcome to Satelliteguys.

You didn't say what models of old and new receivers were swapped out. Some newer receivers require a better grade cable and connectors than older ones. I had an old barrel connector cause this problem after an upgrade once. Corroded or loose connections as well as cuts in the cable can also be to blame. As mentioned above, if the cabling is good, the lnb should be checked. The dish itself should not be a problem unless it has been knocked out of alignment somehow.

Maybe someone can answer this. Can the DPH LNB handle SD receivers such as the 625. I'm not asking for any other reason than to just know.

A tech came by today and tested the LNB, it was fine. It turned out to be a cable! I was surprised it was a pretty easy and quick fix. Thanks for the help guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)