Completely dead 40.0 remote - Protection Plan?

JWHITE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Northern VA
I have a completely dead 40.0 remote. Tried two new sets of batteries. No lights whatsoever. I tried the remote reset procedure too. No response at all.

I have the Dish protection plan. Are remotes covered? Do they charge shipping? Is the shipping more that buying a remote off e-bay?

Thanks!
Jay

I have a completely dead 40.0 remote. Tried two new sets of batteries. No lights whatsoever. I tried the remote reset procedure too. No response at all.

I have the Dish protection plan. Are remotes covered? Do they charge shipping? Is the shipping more that buying a remote off e-bay?

Thanks!
Jay
They will replace your 40.0 remote including shipping. Contact a DIRT member for help or call DISH CSR.

Reactions: KaptainRandom
I have had the protection plan since day one and in the past when a remote went down, they're disposable, I just called in and a couple days later a new remote would be on my doorstep at no charge. I was told to toss the old remote. But I have not had a 40.0 go out on me yet, so I have not been through replacing one. I would imagine that it's no different, but things do change. Your best best is to contact a DIRTeam rep and see what they have to say and in the process they might jump start the replacement process for you.

I have had the protection plan since day one and in the past when a remote went down, they're disposable, I just called in and a couple days later a new remote would be on my doorstep at no charge. I was told to toss the old remote. But I have not had a 40.0 go out on me yet, so I have not been through replacing one. I would imagine that it's no different, but things do change. Your best best is to contact a DIRTeam rep and see what they have to say and in the process they might jump start the replacement process for you.
I have had five 40.0 remotes replaced in the past. All defective remotes had keys that were sticking. Went thru DIRT for replacements. I have read that there might be a yearly limit for defective remotes but not too sure how accurate that is.

I have had five 40.0 remotes replaced in the past. All defective remotes had keys that were sticking. Went thru DIRT for replacements. I have read that there might be a yearly limit for defective remotes but not too sure how accurate that is.

This is the first broken Dish remote I have ever had. I still have Dish remotes dating back more that a decade from all old defunct receiver generations - Dish 4000/5000, Dishplayer, Dish DVR 508 remotes all gathering dust.

Will try to hunt up a DiRT member....

Thanks!
Jay

Reactions: charlesrshell
FWIW, I've had a Dish remote appear dead on multiple occasions where the problem turned out to be that the springs in the battery compartment had compressed and taken a "set". Stretched them back out with tip of a knife blade and problem solved - worth checking.

Reactions: charlesrshell
FWIW, I've had a Dish remote appear dead on multiple occasions where the problem turned out to be that the springs in the battery compartment had compressed and taken a "set". Stretched them back out with tip of a knife blade and problem solved - worth checking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts