Completely new to FTA, need advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
i move them myself but i have a hoist that helps , two people is prefered. i layed a 10 ft dish in my full sised pickup bed. so it should make a short trip ok most are light just bulky so if you need to break it down to several pices to move mark the parts ( number them in you need to) also note the direction the dish is pointing and you can set it back in that direction. makes for faster satellite finding.

that the best way is ask , most folks will tell you about their old dish .... if the offer it for a small price also see if there is any equipment that goes with it... you might find a 4dtv receiver ..... some dishes will already be setup for c & ku this would be a plus ( being the feedhorn already setup). The birdview is a metal dish and usually is white they also made a very good mesh but its a perforated mesh (usually black or grey)(the holds were cut out) not like most that are layered mesh

most think mesh is mesh but some things to think of besides the pencil rule and its not 100% is this. light mesh (like screen doors is weak and will deteriate fast , probably present a poor signal) heavy mesh will hold up better and withstand minor storms and hail maintaining its dish shape longer.

i love just looking for and fixing up an old dish....

I have a friend who has a pickup, I could get him to help out.

How would I know if it's setup for C and KU? What's a birdview? Is it a brand, and how can I tell? Should I look for a prime focus or offset? How hard is it to change the LNB on one of these older dishes to one like the BSC621? I appreciate the help. :)

c & ku setup will use a corotor pictures are in the c band forum

birdview is a brand pictures in the link adventures in dish hunting

birdview
Freds Avatar is a birdview its the preferated one

i use the bsc621 and its not hard to swap out an old one just have to have a little
time and pacience and a few friends here :)

most of the older Big Dishes are Prime Focus

they have old crank type , arm motor type or horizon to horizon , the best is probably a h2h cause it covers a full arc. the old hand crank types are ok but when your in the house wanting to change satellites its not the best method. but you can always add a motor to it.

c & ku setup will use a corotor pictures are in the c band forum

birdview is a brand pictures in the link adventures in dish hunting

birdview
Freds Avatar is a birdview its the preferated one

i use the bsc621 and its not hard to swap out an old one just have to have a little
time and pacience and a few friends here :)

most of the older Big Dishes are Prime Focus

they have old crank type , arm motor type or horizon to horizon , the best is probably a h2h cause it covers a full arc. the old hand crank types are ok but when your in the house wanting to change satellites its not the best method. but you can always add a motor to it.

Thanks for the help. So the bsc621 can be installed on any of the big dishes? What about the ones that have the single crooked pole coming out of the middle with the huge lnb on the end?

How can I tell what type of motor it has?

Thanks again. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts