Component to VGA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Voom Voom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hey all

Just a quick question I Have my another Projector that doesn’t support DVI input however it says it supports Y/Pr/Pb input through the VGA input. So I need to find a converter/Transcoder to do this, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks

Send an email to: sales@pacificcable.com and tell them your equipment needs and they will send you the appropriate part number. They've always responded quickly to me and they have a great product at a great price.

I thought that the DVI out of the Voom STB was DVI-D the D being digital only. If that is the case don't you need some special digital to analog converter to convert from DVI-D to VGA analog? The cable that Voom, Voom selected is DVI-A to VGA. I was hoping to connect my VGA computer monitor to the STB just to try but found that the STB was digital only.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Voom said:
Will this work...

15 Meter DVI-A Male To VGA Male Analog Cable ?

no that will not work because of Vooms copy protection,what model is your projector?

His original question was regarding Component to VGA, he should be able to get one there. I wasn't thinking about the Voom being just digital when I suggested it above.

so i should use somthing like the "VGA HD15 Male - RGB Video 3 RCA, Analog, 25 Ft"

that looks like the best option

TLP-S30 Specification
Display LCD
Resolution SVGA (800x600) (not HD,does your projector down convert?)
Brightness (ANSI) 1400
Picture Format 4:3 (not 16x9)
Contrast 400:1
Lens Manual Zoom and Focus
Picture Size (Diagonal) 0.8-7.62m
Projection Distance 1.4-11.5m
Inputs RGB, Composite Video, S-Video, Audio (no listing for component)
Outputs RGB

looks like you might need a transcoder,they(I think Key Digital) make them but the output(component to VGA) is only 480P

Voom said:
so i should use somthing like the "VGA HD15 Male - RGB Video 3 RCA, Analog, 25 Ft"

that looks like the best option

no,the breakout cable for VGA is 5(green,blue,red and black and white for horizontal and vertical)

If you use 3(green,blue,red) to VGA your projector will not sync.