Composite to Analog

james72

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Illinois
Guys, I have an old analog TV with coax connector only. I'm looking for a converter to connect FTA, DVD, and a OTA digital converter box to. Is there such a thing? Right now, I have to disconnect and reconnect when I switch from DVD to FTA, or FTA to OTA. I'd like to find some type of converter where I can connect all 3 to my TV, and just flip a switch one I'm changing from one source to the other. Thanks for your help!

Go to monoprice.com and see what they have. Either that or ram electronics web site. I need more info on the inputs and outputs that you want. Looks like you want one coax output and 3 (?) types of inputs. All composite (yellow RCA)?

Is your digital converter box is coax in and coax only out? What is FTA? Composite connections are analog. You can use an RF modulater if your only connection on the TV is coax. Usually they only have one composite in, am still not following the multiple inputs. You may find a A/V switcher for 20 bucks or so to feed the RF modulator. They usually have 4 in and one out.:D

but if you need to use red/white/yellow plugs then If i remember right wal-mart has a video switch with a coax output

it has 4 inputs to hook the red/white/yellow plugs in and has both a set of those and a coax out option...runs about 40 bucks

but if you need to use red/white/yellow plugs then If i remember right wal-mart has a video switch with a coax output

it has 4 inputs to hook the red/white/yellow plugs in and has both a set of those and a coax out option...runs about 40 bucks
Right on, here's a link to the product you might be referring to. Looks like it's $40 or so.

RF Modulator Video SwitcherGold Plated

Ram Electronics, Best Buy, Walmart & Radio Shack probably all have it.

I was at my local wally world today and they didnt have it there...just the 4 input one output option with eiother a/v or component...no rf on it

I was at my local wally world today and they didnt have it there...just the 4 input one output option with eiother a/v or component...no rf on it
Hopefully his local wally world has it. Best Buy is probably going to be more expensive, but worth a shot if you want it local. I tend to buy much online for a few bucks less and have it shipped, hence the link to RAM electronics. Looks like they have it in stock.

Might be worth going to the thrift store and seeing what you can get for around $40, since eveyone and their uncle have been getting rid of SDTV's these days.

the item was only 20 bucks and a rf converter was 18-19 bucks so it would take 2 items but it would work for what he wanted too

The thrift store idea would work too. I've seen some nice TV's with rca plugs on them for pretty cheap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)