compression tools

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok what do you use what do you like , thinking of upgrading from crimping and don't know about compressions, i don't install just my own so don't know if upgradable is an issue will be working with RG6 & RG6Q. looked at lowes locally and a couple of the gold sponsors.

just looking for opinions , not really the best , but some of you guys use them a lot and know what works and whats junk.....
thanks

i will be ordering soon and will keep that in mind ( the lowes info was right on) i only plan on quad cable but you never know...

i was walking through HomeD the other day and they had an open box clearance DataShark compression tool for like 6 bucks, so grabbed it, i love it over my old crimp,, however i am not fond of the all metal Quad RG6 ends the sell, i can not tell you how many pull off/dont hold on tight, now the funny thing is following the directions tell you to peel back both set of wire shielding leaving the last foil..that makes it even harder for the end to fit before you compress so major trial and error,, the ones with the pvc/plastic are definately the way to go,, just my 2 cents

i will be ordering soon and will keep that in mind ( the lowes info was right on) i only plan on quad cable but you never know...

The tool (by itself) will work with regular (non-quad) connectors. The fittings at Lowe's are ridiculously overpriced anyway :)

Digicon also makes a fitting (DS6UT) that is universal, will work on 60 percent braid through quad. Its a bit tight on quad, but still works. Cox Cable here uses the PPC-EX6s.

Last edited:
Myself i use PPC-EX6s and also Thomas & betts, you can buy thomas and betts cheap on e-*ay,

I get mine free from a cable installer i know

I bought the kit from Lowes but beware...the connectors only work with quad shield

I got my kit at Lowes too, but my lowes carries quad and non-quad shield connectors. I grabbed a jar of both with a compression tool. works great! Grabbed on a lowes inventory day when (at my lowes anyways) they restrict access to an aisle and if you buy something in that aisle, it's like a little mini clearance. I spent $27 on a tool and two jars of connectors.

well i got the tool and fittings and i can tell you its a world of difference between crimp & compression.....i really like compression........
thanks again guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)