CompUSA has risen!

Here is some news about that from 1/07/08

CompUSA will live on, thanks to a deal with electronics marketer Systemax. Systemax, which owns popular computer parts reseller (and CompUSA competitor) TigerDirect, announced yesterday that it has entered into an agreement to purchase the CompUSA brand, trademarks, and e-commerce business. It also plans to acquire select assets and retail stores from the company, and says that it expects to close various parts of the deal throughout the first quarter of the year.

Back from the dead: CompUSA assets snapped up by TigerDirect

Really? Microcenter employees are at least 90% less annoying then CompUSA were.

I think the opposite.
Microcenter employees follow you around like a lost puppy so they can put their sticker on whatever you buy. ( For their commission, I guess ) Even if they don't help you, they just hover and follow. then once you get near the checkout... "Excuse me, I need to put this on there" then a sticker with their name.

I politely remove it, unless they actually help me, but if they annoy me, forget it.

( I know, I'm a butt )

I'm liking the new store to say the least and they seem to have a much larger selection of computer parts compared to the old Compusa. Also prices are the same price or less than the Tigerdirect.com price. They had a computer case that was on tigerdirect.com for a price of 79.99 (after a 50.00 MIR) but the local Compusa store had this case for 49.99 ( after 130.00 Instant Rebate) and I've sent in the 50.00 rebate just to see if I will get it. The rebate was from the case maker not from TigerDirect so I'm hoping I will get it. So I could end up getting a 130 buck case for free after rebate so I'm happy.

This store IMO is making the right choice and going in the right direction. My local store is the Clearwater Compusa off of Sunset Point Road and US19.

I was wondering why they were hiring when they were going out of business at our local store.

I just finished help liquidate the fixtures at a value city that was closing

a liquidating store tenmds to do high volume sales, and they must hire extra help to shut things down.

ME it was kinda fun and excellent exercise:)

but very tiring i worked non stop, glad its over:)

I went in and bought a gift for my daughter and saved $300 over CC price right next door. same for Best buy which would not match price. I thought I'd get the rewards kick back but no go. Looks like BB will need to change it's price match claim policy soon. While BB and CC were high, the price I got at CompUSA was similar to the Amazon.com price. I can't complain. :)

That would have never happened at the "old" CompUsa. :)

I think the opposite.
Microcenter employees follow you around like a lost puppy so they can put their sticker on whatever you buy. ( For their commission, I guess ) Even if they don't help you, they just hover and follow. then once you get near the checkout... "Excuse me, I need to put this on there" then a sticker with their name.

I politely remove it, unless they actually help me, but if they annoy me, forget it.

( I know, I'm a butt )

Are you kidding? I have to literally go on a hunt and track down salespeople there.
And this sticker thing is new to me .NEVER had that happen

I think the opposite.
Micro Center employees follow you around like a lost puppy so they can put their sticker on whatever you buy.

I don't like when sales people follow me around, but on multiple occasions I actually found Micro Center employees very helpful and knowledgeable.

Overall, Micro Center is way better than CompUSA ever was! If you ever shopped for computer parts, accessories, network cables, or even computer books: there's just no comparison between the two! Micro Center always had much better variety and better prices. Show me another store that sells flash drives by the pound at the cash register! :D

Personally, I didn't have any regrets when CompUSA closed in my area. Even though MicroCenter is a longer drive for me, it's always worth it!

When CompUSA died, I was so prepared to dance on their grave. Hate to see that name rise from the dust. What a crappy store they were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)