computer program for finding sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hi, is there a computer program that can be hooked up to the db9pin port on a notebook pc. Ive heard talk about rsreader but do not know its capabilities.

Do you mean from the serial port of your notebook to the receiver? There are no tools that I know of that do anything interesting via the serial port besides up/download firmware & channel/sat info.

TSReader generally requires a tuner device for the PC. Either a PCI/PCIe card or a USB tuner. It will also talk to some things across a network, but typically you need a local device.

What are you thinking about for this software? Remotely controlling tuning or something similar?

I would take it out to the dish along with a receiver. Plug the computer into the receiver ( coolsat 5000) and as I am looking for a satellite it might show me what satellite I am on and such. Just wondering if there were any advanced programs (freeware) for things such as this. thanks for resoponding.

The only ones I know about are fastsatfinder & progfinder II. But they also require a pci/usb device

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts