Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Saw this today while looking for some info on divx codecs for the Conaxsat Trio...

Looks like Conaxsat is bringingo out an HD unit and the specs looked interesting
I highlighted some of the specs that caught my eye.

1. Main Features

1.1 General Features
Standard Definition/High Definition contents (MPEG2 and support MPEG4 AVC/H.264)
High Definition Video output : HDMI(HDCP) and YPbPr
Audio Decoding :ISO/IEC13818-3(MPEG-2 audio/MUSICAM) Dolby AC-3
Full Compliant of MPEG-S &DVB-S2 Digital & DVB broadcasting
Integrated USB2.0 Host - Support Memory Stick for S/W downloading
950-2150 MHz input Frequency (IF Loop Throughout)
Satellite Scan - Simultaneous Scan with 10 Satellites
Flexible receiption of SCPC & MCPC from C/Ku-Band Satellites
Variable Input Symbol Rate (1-45 Msps)
Video output resolution: 480p , 576p,720p,1080i
User selectable output resolution
10 Days EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
Multi language OSD
Fast Channel Change
10000 Channels TV & Radio program
Timer Function (Automatic Turn On/ Off by Setting Function)
RTC (Real Time Clock)
Powerful Channel Editing Fuction
- Sorting: Alphabetic, Satellite, Parental Lock, CAS, TP order
- Move, Delete, Favorite Edit
- Parental Lock, Channel Rename, Channel Skip
Manual PID/ Satellite & TP/ Network Scan
S/PDIF (Digital Audio or Dolby AC3 stream out)
Diseqc 1.2 and USALS Compatiable
Comparable of Setting the Frequency for SMATV System
Component Out (YPbPr, Support pixel format 4:2:2, 4:2:0) *what does this mean?
Terrestrial Tuner module (T-50)
Universal Remote Control
Ethernet Port

2. Specifications
Front-End
1 Input Connector F-type, IEC 169-24
IF Input Frequency 950MHz to 2150MHz
IF Loop Throughout 950MHz to 2150MHz
Input Level -65 dBm~-25 dBm
LNB Power 13 /18VDC / 500mA Max
DiSEqC Control 1.0,1.2 &USALS compatible
Band Switch 22KHz Tone(22 +/- 4KHz,Amplitude :0.6 +/- 0.2V)
Modulation method LDPC/BCH(DVB-S2) 8PSK/QPSK, DVB-S QPSK
Symbol Rate LDPC/BCH(DVB-S2) 8PSK/QPSK :10~30Msps
DVB-S QPSK : 1~45Msps

Viterbi Decoding Rate 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6 and 7/8
Bandwitdth 36MHz
LDPC/BCH Punctured Code ,1/2,2/3,3/4,3/5,4/5,5/6,8/9,9/10 in DVB-S2
Terrestrial Tuner ATSC A/53 compliant 8/16VSB and MMDS 2/4/8VSB receiver
ITU-U J.83 Annex B/C, SCTE DVS-031 compliant 64/256QAM receiver *QAM on a sat box?
MPEG transport Stream A/V Decoding
Demultiplex According to ISO/IEC 13818-1(MPEG-2 system)
Input syream Max. 90Mbit/s
Aspect Ratio 4:3(default), 16:9 letterbox
Vidoe Deocding ISO/IEC 13818-2(MPEG2 vidoe) MP@HL,ISO/IEC 14496-10 HP@L4
Video Resolution 480p or 576p,720p,1080i
Audio Decoding ISO/IEC13818-3(MPEG2 audio/MUSICAM), Dolby AC-3
Audio Mode Single Channel /Dual Channel, Stereo, Joint Stereo
Video Ouput HDMI/HDCP,RCA

Microprocessor & Memories

Main Processor ARM926
CPU Clock 280MIPS
Flash Memory 8 Mbyte
DDR SDRAM 160 Mbyte *doesn't this seem excessive?
EEPROM 256 Kbit
Data port
Connector 9 Pin D-Sub Type
Protocol RS232 Asynchronous
Data Rate Max. 19.2Kbps 115,2K
A/V output
Digital output HDMI/HDCP, YPbPr
Video RCA 1 output
Audio RCA 2 output
Digital Audio 1 optical output S/PDIF
Front Panel
DISPLAY VFD DISPLAY
7 keys Power,Channel Down/Up, Volume up/down,Menu,OK
USB USB2.0 Host
Rear Panel
IF Input F-type Connector
IF Loopthrough output F-type Connector
6RCA Video, Audio L, Audio R, YPbPr
SATA will be launch on Q3, 2008
S/PDIF Optical
S-Video
HDMI Type A
RS232 Serial Port 9 Pin D-Sub Type
Ethernet RJ-45, 10/100M bps
Remote Control
Type Universal Remote
Battery 2x1.5V AAA Type
Electrical and Mechanical
Input Voltage AC 90-250V, 50/60Hz
Power Consumption Max. 45 Watts
Size(WxDxH) 340x245x65mm

No Blind scan that I saw. I really enjoyed my trio when I had it, it was great with special features like divx playback and the blindscan and motor controls reminded me of my pansat. I really hope they wouldn't leave blindscan out on this unit. Odds are this thing will be too pricey anyways.

Last edited:
I saw that over at Satforums, that reference to 4:2:2 is interesting. A dealer in Canada has one coming in a couple of weeks so we will see. Guess I've been dissapointed so many times by these "new arrivals", I am leary to believe anything anymore. Here's hoping this one is for real:D

I saw that over at Satforums, that reference to 4:2:2 is interesting. A dealer in Canada has one coming in a couple of weeks so we will see. Guess I've been dissapointed so many times by these "new arrivals", I am leary to believe anything anymore. Here's hoping this one is for real:D

If Only it were real, and worked as advertised.
:)

Ahhhh, come on, you bunch of burnouts!
Next you'll be telling me you don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, or the Fortec Passion! :eek:
I'm still waiting for all of them to come visit me! :D

Actual 4:2:2 in something besides the QualiTV would be attractive.
QAM is for plugging the off-air-antenna port into your cable company and watching digital, so that's good.
DVB-S2 ? Way to go, boys!
I saw USB for downloading firmware, but I must have missed if it also supported hard drives.
- Oh, SATA.? But not working when shipped? How hard would that have been? :(
Ethernet port? Now that's something I can work with! - :up
No Blind Scan!? :eek: How loudly do we need to demand that?

. . . As you say, wait 'n see . . .

Santa Claus visited the forum a day or so ago. He might have trouble hitting the birds he wants from the North Pole, though...

So Conaxsat is coming out with a HD receiver. Their SD receiver is similar to the Visionsat. It would be interesting if Visionsat would fix their channel editor and come out with a competitive HD receiver themselves...

Santa Claus visited the forum a day or so ago. He might have trouble hitting the birds he wants from the North Pole, though...

So Conaxsat is coming out with a HD receiver. Their SD receiver is similar to the Visionsat. It would be interesting if Visionsat would fix their channel editor and come out with a competitive HD receiver themselves...

It will probably depend on who has control of the overseas manufacuring facility. If Conaxsat, probably not. If Visionsat, almost definately! If the overseas manufacture is in a non enforced treaty nation, then the information is up for sale. (Then the title of this thread might say "carbon copy"!)

Very intresting.. I could allways use my pansat for blind scanning and then manually write freqs over to this one if it does do 4:2:2. Too bad this doesnt have blind scan because I would dump the panny for this if it did it all.

The DVB-S2 is what caught my attention. Now, if it would really work without some $200 card.

I will never understand why they build these things without blindscan. Every box should have it.

Yeah, I can't believe they'd leave blind scan out. In my experience with Conaxsat they don't usually scrimp on the basics. Every other box they have has blind scan, so I am going to have to believe this one will have it too.

I'm betting this thing is more than $350 though and at this point the only thing that would make me trade the 9200 for it would be 4:2:2 (if that is really what that spec of 4:2:2 on component outputs means and I'm confused on why if it does 4:2:2 does it only work on component outputs)

"I'm confused on why if it does 4:2:2 does it only work on component outputs" .

I suppose it's possible that even s-video doesn't have bandwidth for 4:2:2 chroma, but that's just a guess. I'm not all that familiar with the specs on those video interfaces.

If the stb is "as advertised", it is a bargain at $400, I agree. I've read that preorders are being taken at $359 , sticker price is $379 . Nothing to do, but wait and see, but I'm getting excited. It's a lot closer than the Fortec Passion !! LOL

While surfing tonight, I found out that this receiver is just a rebadged Pansat 9200HD, hopefully not, but seemed like a reputable source.

My surfing turned up the info that it looked like the same chipset and cpu, and the back panel looked the same, so "they" suspected the same factory turns them out. That's a little different than being the same box. Still , we won't know anything for weeks, at least. I'm trying to contain my excitement. Have we been disappointed before ? Why else would I be looking at 4 stb's and PCI DVB setupin my TV room/office ( and I still can't get DVB-S2, yet ) .

Wow, vfrjim, looking at the specs even down to the dimensions on the Conaxsat and the 9200 it's quite surprising how much is exactly the same.

There are a few differences though and I'm (hoping) that they are just based off the same basic design and features added etc.

I'd be hoping the converse. That is ,
1) The units would be essentially identical ;
2) The ConaxSat HD performs as advertised ;
3) Then it should only be a software based change to bring the Pansat 9200 up to those
specifications.

Wouldn't that be a surprise for Pansat owners !

I found some pictures of the Carbon box

Attachments

• carbon1jpg.jpg
    carbon1jpg.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 289
  • carbon2jpg.jpg
    carbon2jpg.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 272
No mention of MPEG-4. Not sure it's necessary for us to have around but there are once in a blue moon MPEG-4 FTE's that come off the E* birds.

Such a small unit, I hope it can dissipate all the heat!!

When comparing similar models, one little trick is to get the FCC registration ID numbers.
Looking 'em up on the FCC web site, you often get pictures inside the unit and more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)