Confederations Cup - Channel change DVR ALERT!

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
The finals of the Confederations Cup will be shown tomorrow at 2:00pm eastern on ESPN. It was scheduled for ESPN2 and is still showing in the Dish Guide on ESPN2, so if you scheduled a timer it is wrong. Make sure to put a manual timer in for ESPN.

And this is turning out to be a very good game, if you are an American..... :)

Of course we have another half to go.

F-ck ESPN and Dish for not fixing this in the guide, I got home Sunday afternoon and had nothing but poker to watch. That is extremely uncool, I had been looking forward to watching the game all weekend.

Thank God that my friend has cable and taped the game as well, otherwise my friends and I would have missed that amazing US performance in the first half.

Imagine our shock when the gang that came to watch the (dvr delayed) game at my house discovered that we had poker instead of the biggest game ever for the US National team.

This programming change was made several days ahead, so how did Tribune and/or Dish get it so wrong? TW Cable had it right and I wonder if Direct did as well.

F-ck ESPN and Dish for not fixing this in the guide, I got home Sunday afternoon and had nothing but poker to watch. That is extremely uncool, I had been looking forward to watching the game all weekend.

It is likely neither ESPN, nor Dish.

The path is:

ESPN->Tribune->Dish

and the likely event is that Tribune did not bother to do anything, because a) it was not a prime time event, and b) the change was late in the week.

I have notified Dish Quality and they always get back with the ultimate cause of the problem, and I will report back...

It is likely neither ESPN, nor Dish.

The path is:

ESPN->Tribune->Dish

and the likely event is that Tribune did not bother to do anything, because a) it was not a prime time event, and b) the change was late in the week.

I have notified Dish Quality and they always get back with the ultimate cause of the problem, and I will report back...

This was one of the biggest sporting events of the year and Tribune didn't bother to correct the guide because it was not a prime time event???

Sounds like Tribune doesn't care about doing their job. If there are any alternatives, they should be fired. But then again, Charlie doesn't care about sports anyway and he will always go with the lowest bidder, so we I guess we are stuck with Tribune. Besides, we should be happy with all the money Charlie is saving us...:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts