Confidential Negotiations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OSD771

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Pokey
I was talking to a csr today and he mentioned they were busy because of some confidential negotiations. Any speculations?

ty for sharing very interesting :) maybe new stuff or channels coming our way in hd :)

Could possibly be something about commercial auto skip?

I can't wait for the voice control app.

I'd like a good amount of non-premium channels in HD. BBC America HD is one. And then plenty more. But I would also guess that it may pertain to newly launching sports channels. That DirecTV will sign on for them and add them to the lineup in high definition.

Nah this guy was legit, he worked directly for DirecTV, he didn't work at a third party Call center (like i did, i worked for Convergys doing DTV tech support) and he had been working their for 6 years. So i believed him.

Actually, you could tell customers that they are ALWAYS working on Negotiations with channels, I'm sure a day doesn't go by that they are not.

Actually, you could tell customers that they are ALWAYS working on Negotiations with channels, I'm sure a day doesn't go by that they are not.

No customer, with brains, is going to believe DirecTV is negotiating with programmers 260 days out of the year.

But pretending for a moment that that is happening … then DirecTV doesn't have good people handling their contracts.

Considering the dry spells that DIRECTV goes through every few years, I'd be kinda surprised if they were negotiating in earnest for anything other than exclusives on RSNs these days.

I read Harshness' post before it was deleted. I suppose it could be considered trolling, but I'm not so sure I disagree with him! There is a first for everything you know! :)

raoul5788 said:
I read Harshness' post before it was deleted. I suppose it could be considered trolling, but I'm not so sure I disagree with him! There is a first for everything you know! :)

It's not deleted and I won't admit I somewhat agree :D

Apparently a mod rethought his removal of the post.

I see nothing wrong with Harsh's post.
They haven't added anything in quite some time ....
That said, I still think that negotiations take place every day, when you consider all the channels having to be dealt with.

I don't have Direct, but I'm calling BS on the CSR's comment. Even if there were confidential negotiations going on, does anyone really think the CSRs would be involved let alone busy because of them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts