Confirm RTN on AMC3?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They are there, but weaker and more difficult to get than regular QPSK/DVB-S on the same satellite. I only get one of the frequencies listed most of the time.

They are there, but weaker and more difficult to get than regular QPSK/DVB-S on the same satellite. I only get one of the frequencies listed most of the time.

When that mux first appeared, I was getting both transponders most of the time, with all my receivers, but for the past several months, my TT3200 couldn't get 3800 at all, and only occasionally got 4080. My Azbox would usually get both, but it had to be fine tuned exactly or it would lose 3800.
Just started using my new TeVii 660, and it gives SOLID signals on both transponders. Strange how some receivers behave differently on some transponders.

The FEC on the 3800 TP changes from time to time
Yeah, I used to see that, although I haven't noticed it happening lately. If I can't lock with the Azbox, I just cycle through all the FEC and pilot options until I get a lock. The TT3200 doesn't care what the FEC is, and doesn't even have a setting for Pilot. Same with the TeVii, and the TeVii doesn't even care what you set the SR on. I locked a signal on an SR of 30000 a few days ago, but then found that it actually had an SR of 29860, so I decided to see how far off the SR could be and still lock. Turns out that that signal would lock with SR values all the way from 18000 thru 35000 (I didn't try any higher, but it finally stopped locking below 18000. Also the freq could be varied by up to around 30 MHz, as long as there wasn't another signal nearby. So that TeVii almost acts like a blind search as it will lock on anything in sight within a narrow range except that it doesn't tell you what the actual SR or freq is that you locked to. It will also lock on DVB-S signals when you're set on DVB-S2, but won't lock on S2 signals unless you're set on S2. It's kind of a weird animal. I like it though.

Hi Lak7,

Look like you have Sadoun Sat-hawk prv 800 receivers it can get the RTN on AMC3 tp5 (3800H) and tp19 (4080H)?
i got a Nfusion Hd with 8psk bord install and search all mode but can't get them, the NASA/aptn/TVU are OK.
Thanks,
DD

Hi Lak7,

Look like you have Sadoun Sat-hawk prv 800 receivers it can get the RTN on AMC3 tp5 (3800H) and tp19 (4080H)?
i got a Nfusion Hd with 8psk bord install and search all mode but can't get them, the NASA/aptn/TVU are OK.
Thanks,
DD

My apoligies, I could not quite understand if that post means the Sathawk can get those tps? Does it?

I am curious as i want to buy one.
Thanks,
Kodaz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts