confirmed 8 new hd channels tomorrow!!!!

So the new channels are on 72.7 and 129? Is it true most can't get those satellites with their current set ups?

So the new channels are on 72.7 and 129? Is it true most can't get those satellites with their current set ups?

The ones that won't see these channels are those with a 110/119/61.5 set up. That would be people who live on the eastern side of the country and had HD service from dish for more than a year and a half.

When do they usually turn on the new channels? What time?

Normally between 12:00-6:00pm Eastern.

My big question is, how many channels the (package formerly known as) TurboHD and HD Absolute subs will receive today... will it be nothing, just the (presumed) platinum channels, or a few other surprises?

The ones that won't see these channels are those with a 110/119/61.5 set up. That would be people who live on the eastern side of the country and had HD service from dish for more than a year and a half.

That's got to be a ton of people......

I lucked out because they launched my market's HD Locals on 77. I only had Absolute on my account at the time; was able to get them to trade out my two dish 61.5/110/119 for the single dish 61.5/72.7/77 set up at the cost of a revised 2 year contract.

Really? So does that mean those of us with that config will never get those channels??

EDIT: I have the platinum HD package and I believe I have every HD channel that dish has made available. Does that mean they are all on the 110 satellite, or does that mean I am connected to the 129?

Last edited:
Really? So does that mean those of us with that config will never get those channels??

EDIT: I have the platinum HD package and I believe I have every HD channel that dish has made available. Does that mean they are all on the 110 satellite, or does that mean I am connected to the 129?

Up to now, most HD channels have been on 129 and 61.5 (some are on 110/119). Supposedly, the new ones going up today will only be on 129 and one other satellite (72.7 or 77, I think) so those of us with 110/119/61.5 setups won't get them.

No one knows when 61.5 will be able to get new HD. It may be as soon as a month or two (if the reports of Dish trying to get another satellite over to that position are true and if it's successful) or it may be a year or more if we need to wait for the new satellite destined for 61.5 to go up.

Heretofore, it made no difference what antenna configuration subs had. They could receive all national HD. This would have still been the case except for 61.5 being sick. As soon as E* can get another satellite to that position to help out, I'm guessing all will be well again. Press Menu 6 1 3 and you'll see all the satellite you are receiving.

Up to now, most HD channels have been on 129 and 61.5 (some are on 110/119). Supposedly, the new ones going up today will only be on 129 and one other satellite (72.7 or 77, I think) so those of us with 110/119/61.5 setups won't get them.

No one knows when 61.5 will be able to get new HD. It may be as soon as a month or two (if the reports of Dish trying to get another satellite over to that position are true and if it's successful) or it may be a year or more if we need to wait for the new satellite destined for 61.5 to go up.

I don't know what my setup is, but since I have all the HD, is it safe to assume I am hitting 129 AND 110?

Yes, but how many will know? I think that's what Dish is counting on, 99% of these people (or more) won't even realize what they are missing.

I plan on calling as soon as the channels are available and see what they'll do for me, since I won't be able to get them:mad: 1st they raise my fees, now putting up new HD channels I can't see.
Great month to be a Dish Network customer :rolleyes:

Yea, I'm toying with the idea of trying to get them to upgrade me to EA.

I mean, I'm paying a $6/month "Service Fee", the least they ought to do is give me the new dish (with NO commitment). Problem is, with all the snow here I don't know when the guy will be able to get up on my roof.

I plan on calling as soon as the channels are available and see what they'll do for me, since I won't be able to get them:mad: 1st they raise my fees, now putting up new HD channels I can't see.
Great month to be a Dish Network customer :rolleyes:

Seriously, this sucks - I've been looking forward to getting FSC HD today and now I find out I won't be getting it because of my setup. The Dish philosophy - thanks for being an HD customer for a while, watch us raise your rates and give others new channels :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)