CONFIRMED(?)- Dish Discontinuing Absolute HD Package

Absoluters got a great bargain for years. Now that it is over man up and realize you got to save a lot of money while you had it. You are free to change providers if you think someone else will give you a better deal. No one will have any sympathy for you claiming Dish is ripping you off by not continuing a special forever. It is not like they sold it to you last week and this week you are in a 2 year contract with no package.
And my Sprint service plan that I've been on since 1997 is still an awesome deal. Not all companies boot you off of what you've had forever. I'm sure that Sprint would rather be getting $100 a month from me rather than the $40 they they're getting...but they haven't ever tried to force me off my grandfathered plan...

Anyone have any idea how to locate the Dish America plans w/pricing on E*s website? I've found them (sorta) on other reseller's sites, but can't locate it on dishnetwork dot com.

Anyone have any idea how to locate the Dish America plans w/pricing on E*s website? I've found them (sorta) on other reseller's sites, but can't locate it on dishnetwork dot com.

i dont think the dish america plans exist anymore
if your referring to the dish america gold, silver, ect

now its americas top 12, top 200, top 250 ect

if the old plans are still showing then the site your looking at is older

Log into your account and select My Programming you will see the HD Dish America packages with pricing below the standard SD packages.

AFAIK you would need to be a current subscriber to actually get the Dish America plans. But maybe 3rd party resellers can get new subs on these plans.

Talon Dancer

Attachments

• DishPlans.png
    DishPlans.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
For DishHD Absolute subs shopping for an alternative Sat TV package....

These pdfs list the HD offerings of Dish and DirecTV taken from their websites. AFAIK DirecTV does not offer "HD only" style packages like the Dish America packages. These are the HD channels included with their SD packages.

Even at a quick glance, it is obvious that Dish and DirecTV have very different HD packaging strategies. Each level of Dish HD adds quite a few more HD channels. Where the number of channels added to each level of DirecTV is very small.

Dish does not include all the HD available with America's Top XXX packages in their roughly equivalent Dish America "metal" HD only style packages :( So I have provided both lists.

Talon Dancer

Edit Fixed Dish Americas HD channel list and added Dish HD available with the America's Top XXX SD packages

Attachments

• DirecTVHD.pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Dish HD wSD Packages.pdf
    26.3 KB · Views: 576
  • Dish HD Only Packages.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I was an Almost Everything sub for nearly a decade, then I've went to 'absolute' when Voom went away.

My bill went from 57.42 to 69.08 last month when my Starz/Max for 1¢ ended.

I've seen RETRO, EPIX1&2 and INDIE listed in this thread as being part of Absolute, but those channels don't even show up in my guide so what is the deal?

I would have to go to AT250 + HD Platinum to get what I am getting now especially MGM-HD, SCIENCE-HD, NATG-HD, BIO-HD & Planet Green at an increase of $~42

Plus I would gain a few that I don't watch anyway like Cooking-HD, G4-HD & FOX Soccer-HD etc...

Am I right?

AT250 64.99
PLatinum 10.00
Starz&Max 24.00
Locals 5.99
DVR 6.00
Encore INCL in AT250

That's $110.98 - I just don't see the justification. (Of course that doesn't include their discount offer for 6 mos)

I might as well go back to Almost Everything or see what Chase Carey has to offer.

Right?

I've seen RETRO, EPIX1&2 and INDIE listed in this thread as being part of Absolute, but those channels don't even show up in my guide so what is the deal?
You need to point your dish to a different satellite: you need either Estern Arc or Western Arc configuration in order to get those channels.

I've been an absolute subscriber since July 2008 and have not received a call yet. Not sure what I'll do.

Interestingly, when I saw this post I checked my account information online and my only active programming is the $6 service plan.

Gonna guess you have (2) dishes, one pointed at 110/119 and one at 61.5... You need to point at 72.7 or 129 to get those channels. You might be missing more than those three too !

For DishHD Absolute subs shopping for an alternative Sat TV package....

These pdfs list the HD offerings of Dish and DirecTV taken from their websites. AFAIK DirecTV does not offer "HD only" style packages like the Dish America packages. These are the HD channels included with their SD packages.

Even at a quick glance, it is obvious that Dish and DirecTV have very different HD packaging strategies. Each level of Dish HD adds quite a few more HD channels. Where the number of channels added to each level of DirecTV is very small.

Talon Dancer
Thanks for this Talon. I'm pretty sure though that the E* sheet is not accurate. Dish America (TurboHD) packages don't include channels like Speed HD, MTV HD, Nickelodian HD, MSNBC HD, etc...as many on this site are painfully aware. E*'s website does a really poor job of directing you to the AT HD list, rather than giving you an HD-only HD listing.

Been an Absolute customer for 2 years. I DID receive a call a couple days ago (which is why I thought I should finally register and add to the dialogue since there were only a couple on here that did get a call). Wasn't home when it happened, but my wife took a message. I haven't called back (nor do I intend to at this time).

I'll be seriously bummed to lose my Absolute package - it's been the perfect combination for me in the past couple years (the value was nice as well). Guess I'll be looking at the Dish America plan, but worry its days might be numbered as well. Plus, I'll need the Gold level every July just to get the Tour de France (Versus).

I have Absolute and just received my bill in the mail for Dish service from 8/21/10 - 9/20/10. No mention on the bill of Absolute ending and no phone call as of yet.

Thanks for this Talon. I'm pretty sure though that the E* sheet is not accurate. Dish America (TurboHD) packages don't include channels like Speed HD, MTV HD, Nickelodian HD, MSNBC HD, etc...as many on this site are painfully aware. E*'s website does a really poor job of directing you to the AT HD list, rather than giving you an HD-only HD listing.
OPPS. You're right. I fell for the Dish website misinformation again. The Dish HD list I posted was the HD avaialble with the America's Top XXX SD packages not the "HD only" packages. I fixed it and posted BOTH Dish HD lists, so people can see the HD missing in the Dish America "HD only" style packages.

Talon Dancer

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts