CONFIRMED(?)- Dish Discontinuing Absolute HD Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Incorrect.
Both my parents and I got the same end of month expiration letter last December and we are still getting the one cent a year deal. We are both well into the third (2 3/4) year of this promo.

As a new subscriber Dish stopped my one cent deal excatly one year to the date I signed up...here I had been hoping to get a second year from reading the post on SatelliteGuys.US, but No Dice!

Ghpr13:(

As far as Cinemax for a Penny...had a suspicous charge on my Visa and bank issued me a temp card at the branch, and told me the temp card number would be my new permanent #. What they failed to tell me was that expiration date on temp card would not necessarily be my new perm. expiration date (and it wasn't). I entered the temp card # and temp expir. number on E's website, and a couple of weeks later noticed that E* had not deducted my monthly charge on due date. Called them next day when I realized my Cinemax channels were gone and they told me that I couldnt get deal back since I failed to maintain Autopay. Gave me three months of free Cinemax. While on hold waiting for the "Idiot" CSR to figure out what was going on, I fired off email to CEO office. Couple of days later CEO office called me and reinstated it. I thought I'd get the remaining four months of deal reinstated, but have continued to get the deal beyond what should have been my expiration in April...guess reinstatement may have provided me with another full year...

I think I'm well into my third year at this point...

And if we really are 8,000 Absolute subs (which I think is actually even high given how little attention E* gave this package), I'd think they'd just leave us alone...

As a new subscriber Dish stopped my one cent deal excatly one year to the date I signed up...
Huh. They probably gave your 2nd year to me, since I'm well into my 3rd year despite getting TWO letters last year saying it was ending. (One letter said it would automatically end, and the other said it would automatically continue but at the normal Cinemax rate.) So far I've only seen 3 cents charged to my account.

Huh. They probably gave your 2nd year to me, since I'm well into my 3rd year despite getting TWO letters last year saying it was ending. (One letter said it would automatically end, and the other said it would automatically continue but at the normal Cinemax rate.) So far I've only seen 3 cents charged to my account.

Can I come over and watch my second year?? I got a penny!:D
Ghpr13:)

Last edited:
A lot of members have said that once they remove the Absolute package, they will leave Dish. I'm wondering if this is actually going to happen but if this is true more people will be leaving Dish.
I wonder where they are going to find a comparable package for anywhere near the same price? :p When I saw DISH lowered the price of TurboHD Bronze (i.e. - DishAmericaHD) awhile back, I wondered if they were going to finally kill AbsoluteHD and force people to it.

I wonder where they are going to find a comparable package for anywhere near the same price?
As everyone is surely aware, there's nothing anywhere that's even remotely close to this package. I switched to it for a # of reasons:

- I wanted the most HD for the least money :D
- I wanted to get rid of Nick, specifically SpongeBob
- I wanted to spend less money on TV (I've always felt spending $75 or more per month for "TV" was foolish ... what others do with their money is their business, of course)

Need to vent. Letter stating Absolute package ending the end of January 2011. Called 1st week in Jan to be put on cheaper package than America's 200 (the default when it ended). An hour on phone and told cannot change pkg right then as we needed new outside equipment. Tech came week later couldn't change due to weather. He said we could get the Top 120 with current dish, no change needed. Called and still wouldn't put me in new package--told to wait for new equipment and the end of the month.

Long story short, 3 tech visits all pointless because of weather, as of Feb 1st package not changed to one I wanted but to more expensive one AND [when I called] the price of the old one went up by $5. Every agent lied to me when they told me the price I would be paying. I got one agent to admit today that they are not allowed to tell us of price increases.

So, is it extortion when they cancel your package and then stall until they can charge you more? It has to have some name to it but I am not sure which one. One agent from "Migrations" department even tried to get me to close my account until the new hardware was in place. He hung up on me when I yelled that I never asked for a change and wanted service with no problems attached. (with a few other words). My gut feeling, everyone knew the price was going up and no one would switch me. Another Supervisor hung up on me today when I got mad when he told me I would be charged for a tech visit ($95) as well as the additional $5 per month for the package I wanted. I told him it was sad that my business was not worth an extra $5 credit I knew he could give me.

It's not worth the effort of staying. Just switch to DirecTV. I did on Jan. 11 after going through Dish'es BS about their canceling HD Absolute. For the first 12 months it will be cheaper than what I was paying for HD Absolute anyway, let alone what I would have to pay to stay with Dish. They had zero interest in retaining my business. After 2 calls to different Dish CSRs, it simply wasn't worth it.

The price was going up on Feb1 regardless of when you change your package. So you didn't lose out on a year at the lower price. You would have gotten a fraction of Jan for the old price, and then the next 2 years at the new price. I'm not trying to make excuses for Dish CSRs, but it does seem like they could do better for you pending a dish upgrade. BTW why do they need to upgrade your dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)