CONFIRMED(?)- Dish Discontinuing Absolute HD Package

When I called and made the switch the CSR told me that there were about 8,000 people that have Absolute.
I find it very unusual that 1) a CSR would know this number and 2) they would publicly disclose it. I guess one scenario is you were speaking to part of the "team" who was involved in calling people to switch and someone said "there are about 8000 customers with the Absolute package that we have to call...".

Ok, so you HULU, Netflix guys. For example, Sons of Anarchy premier next month on FX...must see tv. When you will you be able to watch it.?? An honest question! Obviously not when I do.

I would like to know the answer to this also, since I'm thinking of joining Netflix.

Ghpr13:)

Ok, so you HULU, Netflix guys. For example, Sons of Anarchy premier next month on FX...must see tv. When you will you be able to watch it.?? An honest question! Obviously not when I do.

I would like to know the answer to this also, since I'm thinking of joining Netflix.

Ghpr13:)

1. I don't know what Netflix would have to do with SOA. AFAIK Netfilix is for streaming movies and is a pay service while watching broadcast shows online is generally free.

2. SOA as must see should be prefaced with IMHO as it most likely is not a consensus opinion (I know it's not mine).

3. You would watch SOA on the FX site rather than Hulu. It will be in very good HD, viewable on a large screen. It should be available the next day after the original. I know Rescue Me generally is. It runs for about 43 minutes for an hour show.

4. Who cares how soon it's available? We have DVRs so we can watch shows at our volition and not have to watch commercials. Sports and News may be viewed differently, but scripted shows?

When I called and made the switch the CSR told me that there were about 8,000 people that have Absolute.

i was thinking there would be like half a million or more. I'm surprised they even bothered calling people and offering any discounts for 8k people.

(if the number is real)

Just FYI, I verified it with the DISH PR office who verified the calls were indeed real.

I think the thread title was confusing. What was confirmed was that the call re: the offers came from E*. If they e-mail you saying, "Yes, the Absolute package is being discontinued." that is more confirmed, IMHO.

Correct. I got a letter (snail mail) saying mine would be expiring the end of next month.

Incorrect.
Both my parents and I got the same end of month expiration letter last December and we are still getting the one cent a year deal. We are both well into the third (2 3/4) year of this promo.

Incorrect.
Both my parents and I got the same end of month expiration letter last December and we are still getting the one cent a year deal. We are both well into the third (2 3/4) year of this promo.

I thought I was equally blessed... until I got my July bill that included the $13 charge for the 5 Cinemax channels... (3 months after my "expiration letter" arrived)

The taxman is a comin'... just don't know when... enjoy it while it lasts and check your bill regularly!

Incorrect.

same thing here.. heck I think I got 2 letters (end of last year) :) still going strong.

Perhaps we should have just appended the word "soon" to this thread title... we all know how long "soon" takes for good things (like new channels).. it appears to apply to everything else as well. I guess that's only fair though :)

Incorrect.
just wait till December rolls around this year when the penny doesn't renew.... heh

(my third year renewal is up shortly... i definitely expect having to remove cinemax in about a month or two)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)