Confirmed: The wait is over. Android/WebOS Is available in OCT 2010 for SERO plans !

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Great NEWS for Sprint SERO Users, The wait is over. Android/WebOS will be available to the SERO after Oct 1st.

To make it clear:

Let's say original SERO is $30/month (Like I have currently with my TP2)

Android phone, you will need $10 more (that's $40/mo)
4G phone, you will need $20 more (that's $50/mo)

This is marked as RUMOR but seems like it will be here in OCT 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt it
Sprint already loses money with sero cusotmers , thats why they limit their selection of phones,In order to get them to ditch sero and hop onto a more expensive everything data plan.

In the end sprint is looking to make us happy,while trying to make more money *cough the $10.00 Ad on*

Doubt it
Sprint already loses money with sero cusotmers , thats why they limit their selection of phones,In order to get them to ditch sero and hop onto a more expensive everything data plan.

In the end sprint is looking to make us happy,while trying to make more money *cough the $10.00 Ad on*
I would tend to agree with you, but the $10 Android and $20 4G fees would lessen the blow and there can't be to many of us SERO customers still around...plenty have already upgraded to to a Droid phone, etc.

Anyway, I am not going to rule out this rumor at this point...it seems like Sprint can make SERO customers happy, get rid of the older phones from the lineup, and make a few bucks (at $10 and $20 bucks per whack) in the process. I would be willing to fork-over another $10 or perhaps even $20 for a real 4G phone.

We shall see what happens. Regardless, great rumor!

Yeah thats good for those who want those devices. Would not effect my $30 plan anyway due to I'm waiting on all the new Win7 Devices coming out this fall. :)

Yeah thats good for those who want those devices. Would not effect my $30 plan anyway due to I'm waiting on all the new Win7 Devices coming out this fall. :)

yup as long as they are Windows based, sero will work just fine.

You can't beat paying $30/mo for Unlimited Data & Text + 500min anytime, free mobile to mobile and unlimited calls after 7pm hehe

You can't beat paying $30/mo for Unlimited Data & Text + 500min anytime, free mobile to mobile and unlimited calls after 7pm hehe

I'm still trying to figure out how you get a plan like that :)

I'm still trying to figure out how you get a plan like that :)
You would have to go back in time 2+ years. Those who wanted the cool new phones bailed-out of their SERO plan, but the plans can be transfered to another party. I've see the SERO plan w/older phones going to $150-$180 on eBay. Even if me or my wife change plans (we both have SERO) we'll keep one SERO phone around because it is so cheap.

I highly doubt the new garbage Win7 phones will work on SERO just like the WinMo phones do today.

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to obtain their own Droid phone and active it via the Spring website and keep their SERO plan intact?

Only way right now is to clone the ESN on the new phone to an older one... but of course it is considered illegal to modify your own phone that you pay for on the plan you pay for.

Only way right now is to clone the ESN on the new phone to an older one... but of course it is considered illegal to modify your own phone that you pay for on the plan you pay for.
I know it's illegal to clone the ESN, but why should any provider care...just as long as the subscriber is paying their montly bill and the provider isn't subsidising the purchase. Oh well...

What's the latest story on this rumor???

attachment.php

Rumor from a rep: Smartphone restrictions will be removed from SERO - SprintUsers.com

I think this is the way to go... Windows mobile development is dead with Android and iphone taking over the place. Win7 is going suck with MS going backwards on this one... I think the Epic will do it for me with the Android and slide out keyboard. Not sure if I want to swallow the extra $20 a month though... the other $10 just pisses me off since 4G won't be here for quite a while.

Today has come, no longer a rumor.. New Sero Premium for those who had SERO prior to 10/01/10

As of 10/1/10, there will be two SERO Premium plans available, SERO Premium 500 at $40/month and SERO Premium 1250 at $59.99/month. SERO Premium plans will match current SERO rate plans with two added features, Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation. SERO Premium rate plans will be compatible with all devices offered by Sprint. Only customers on a current SERO rate plan as of 10/1/10 will be able to swap to a SERO Premium rate plan. SERO Premium rate plans will not be discountable – customers on current SERO plans receiving discounts above and beyond the already discounted SERO rate will lose those discounts when moving to a SERO premium plan. 4G handsets such as HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G will also require the $10 Premium Data add-on.

The Samsung Instinct, Samsung Instinct S30, Samsung Instinct HD, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G are not compatible with current SERO rate plans. If you are considering an upgrade to one of these devices, you will need to also upgrade your rate plan to one of the Everything Plus Data (Individual or Family) rate plans. HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G also require the $10 Premium Data add-on. Effective 10/1/10, new SERO Premium rate plans will be available which will be compatible with the devices listed above. Only customers on a current SERO rate plan as of 10/1/10 will be eligible to swap to a SERO Premium plan.

Sprint | Already an Everything Plus or SERO customer?

Well, I just picked-up my new EVO a short while ago. The Mogul has been retired and I am once again one of the cool kids and no longer getting sand kicked in my face. :)

I can also see that I am going to spend the entire weekend loading apps, customizing it, and trying to figure out how to use it. :) and :(

OK, I thought his would be a quick in-and-out upgrade since I was visiting a Sprint-owned store. Well...you guessed it, the store folks said that I would have to call the Sprint Everything Plus/SERO hotline since they have never been able handle the Employee Referral folks in store. WTF? Anyway, I called the hotline and they took care of the upgrade and I was able to pick-up the phone in store. Apparently, the folks in the store could not input the right codes needed to move me into a SERO Premium account or add a 4G phone. The process only took a painfully long 1 hour and 45 minutes...but I logged into my Sprint account and everything appears to be set-up correctly. My account now shows a SERO Premium 500 for me and a SERO F&F 500 for my wife.

I have a Gmail account but rarely use it...been using Hotmail the past 3-years since it was built into my Mogul (Win Mobile 6.1). I had to setup my gmail account in Store in order to "The Market".

Anyway, the Sprint customer service agent moved the Mogul's Contacts (synched with Hotmail) over to the EVO (yes, I saw it with my own eyes)...however when I later tried using the phone while driving...all Contacts were gone. WTF? Likewise, there were no contacts in my Gmail. I don't know what happened, but I exported them from Hotmail to a .csv file and imported them into Gmail. No biggie...but it's going to take me a few hours to get the EVO setup like I want it.

Lessons Learned:

- The EVO is a powerhouse of a phone...although you can't go wrong with an Epic.
- Based on my experience, upgrading at a Spring-owned store will not be easy...but it's possible just as long as you are persistent.
- Big learning curve from using my Mogul...but well worth it.
- SERO Premium 500 4G is a heckuva plan for $50...not if I can just find a 4G network. :eek:

riffjim4069: So overall how ya like the speed of the EVO and screen size

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts