Confirmed: The wait is over. Android/WebOS Is available in OCT 2010 for SERO plans !

riffjim4069: So overall how ya like the speed of the EVO and screen size
I'm impressed with the phone...really, I am seriously impressed. Although I initially preferred the Epic's Super AMOLED screen and pull-out keyboard, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the EVO screen (huge and looks great) and I managed just fine with the virtual keyboard (and I haven't gotten around to loading Swype just yet). The one thing I really love about the EVO is the HTC Sense UI - it is wonderful. I pretty much set-it-up (80% or so) in a few hours and figured-out how to use 80% of the features just putzing around. Although my wife has an very high IQ, she is a self-admitted computer dummy who just doesn't like electronic gadgets. However, she loves the DVR and I will guarantee that she will want an EVO when she sees mine.

While the screen may not be quite as nice as the Epic, it's huge and I used it to watch America's Got Talent video via the YouTube app...looked very HD-like and filled the entire 4.3 screen. OK, it looked fantastic. I played around with Sprint TV some...decent content, but I wasn't all that impressed with the small video size.

Speed? If you're talking about 4G...well, I wasn't in a 4G area today. 3G seemed OK, but I didn't download the Speedtest app until much later and I am currently in a roaming area and connected to a Wi-Fi router. I am getting 18Mb down and 3.8 up on my laptop, but only 12.5 down and 3.8 up on the EVO - although I noticed the Speedtest guage only went to 10Mb so the different may be with the app. As far as how fast does the EVO operate? It sails! I probably had 25+ apps running at one time and I can moved quickly between menus without delay. This is one fast operating phone!

To be honest, I didn't figure out how to kill apps until I download App Killer...but later found how to do it via the Setting. I still haven't figured out all the ins-and-out and shortcuts, but there are few minor annoyances:

- I couldn't find a Hotmail or Windows Live app (doubt one will be available for an Android phone). Although I setup my Hotmail account, the GMail app was so, so, so much nicer...and I was used to using Hotmail/Windows Live on my old Win Mobile 6.1 phone. I will probably just autoforward all my Hotmail to my Gmail.

- There was no LinkedIN, SatelliteGuys or a handful of other of other site apps. I'm sure these will be available in time. I was going to download Tapatalk, but I'll just wait on the SatelliteGuys Android App. I was going to use PDA Mode but, to be honest, the screen is so large and so easy to manipulate that I'm just fine using the web browser for the time being.

~Happy Camper :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts