Confused about "Dish'n Up" promotion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adam612

Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
I've been a Dish subscriber for two years, have America's top 60, and pay about $41 per month for one receiver, two TV's.

I can't seem to get a straight answer from them about upgrading to HD and was hoping somewhere here could help.

They told me there's this "Dish'n Up" promo which involves HD.

They said I could get a new receiver which would handle one HD TV and one standard TV, and my monthly bill would become about $61 per month.

Fine.

Do I have to pay for the new receiver? Am I buying it? Am I leasing it? Would that $61 include the DVR fee plus the leasing of the box? Can anyone help?

You lease the receiver.

The 622 DVR is a $149 charge up front, to begin the lease.

There's a $10/month credit for 10 months for upgrading.

There's an 18 month committment to upgrade.

Don't think that $61 includes the DVR fee, but I think it includes the lease fee, if that's your only receiver.

Okay, $149 but I'm essentially getting $100 back. Fine.

I thought they said $20 is added to my bill for HD. The $41 I was paying included the $35 for programming plus $6 for DVR.

You might want to consider the DVR advantage package that gives you the Top 200. Add HD package=$9.00 more per month over the 60 package, no lease or DVR fee.

What does the top 200 cost?

And then I guess it's that price plus $9 per month?

Nothing else, not even the $149 ?

Thanks

I actually called yesterday and they're giving me a second 622 with the Dish'N it Up deal. I got my first 622 in April of last year. I didn't know they were doing this for current customers, so I have another coming now for the bedroom. I guess maybe they are trying to clean out the 622's in anticipation of the 722's.

What does the top 200 cost?

And then I guess it's that price plus $9 per month?

Nothing else, not even the $149 ?

Thanks
No, you're confusing things a bit.
First, lease the 622. $149.00 less $100.00 credits.

Second, the DVR Advantage package: Includes America's top 200, SD locals, DVR fee. $49.99 No lease fee on first/primary receiver.
Third, add HD package, $20.00

So, your monthly programming charge would be $69.99 plus taxes.

I was told I am being charged a lease fee on the 622 I just got today. I went through hell trying to get a straight answer about costs. I went from the AT250 with a 625 and a 508 (no DVR fee on the 508 and I own it so no lease fee). I now have DVR Advantage, AT250 upgrade, 2 premiums, locals, and HD package. Dish tells me my normal bill after all rebates are gone will be $104.99.

do you still have either the 508 or 625, cause if you have 2 receivers, then the lease fee on the 622 is correct

BFG, yes I kept the 508 because I own it and it has no DVR fee. Is that why they are charging me the lease fee on the 622?

gary has it sort of right

the lease and additional receiver fee for the 622 cost the same and serve the same purpose, it's all in the wording.

so if you were to have only the 622 regardless if it were owned or leased, there wouldn't be an extra fee.

But when making a receiver primary on an account, one that is owned always takes presedence over a leased.

So your 508 is your primary with no fees, and the 622 is your second receiver with the fee

so regarding your billing, when you get a bill the line items should read as such

Dish DVR Advantage, You Save $3.98! - $49.99
DishHD - $20
AT250 - $10
2 Premiums - $20
Leased Receiver Fee - $6

But that's 105.99 so maybe your 622 is primary and you're gonna be charged the $5 Additional Receiver Fee instead

I have been thinking about upgrading to HD programming with a 622 receiver, someone has indicated the Dish would have some changes mid August.
Does anyone know if the Dish'N up promotion will get better?

I'm also thinking up upgrading to HD and have received conflicting info from the CSRs I talk with. My service is bundled through AT&T and my bill is as follows:

DISH DVR Advantage: 49.99
State/Local Taxes: 3.90
Bundle Discount: -4.00

I've only been a DISH customer since June 2007 so I don't know if that changes anything. I currently have a 625 DVR in my living room and it also controls the TV in my bedroom. That setup will remain the same. My new HD receiver will be installed in a new room.

How much will I be billed once I add HD, both before and after any promotions?

Getting a straight answer from Dish about anything is the reason I just told them to kiss of last week for all the same reasons, and more, not to mention nobody knows what the hell they are talking about over there.. Love the equipment, but I cannot deal with the people there and the empty promises. So long forever.. Unfortunate really, but i am just one customer, what do they care.

I'm also thinking up upgrading to HD and have received conflicting info from the CSRs I talk with. My service is bundled through AT&T and my bill is as follows:

DISH DVR Advantage: 49.99
State/Local Taxes: 3.90
Bundle Discount: -4.00

I've only been a DISH customer since June 2007 so I don't know if that changes anything. I currently have a 625 DVR in my living room and it also controls the TV in my bedroom. That setup will remain the same. My new HD receiver will be installed in a new room.

How much will I be billed once I add HD, both before and after any promotions?

You'll add the HD programming package for $20 a month additional.
For 10 months you'll get $10 credit on your bill.

You might want to consider the DVR advantage package that gives you the Top 200. Add HD package=$9.00 more per month over the 60 package, no lease or DVR fee.

Didn't I read somewhere that August 15 the DVR Advantage will be expanded to AT100 also? I haven't seen any details, but I am interested.

Yes the new promotions include dvr advantage for top 100 at $39.99 . So we will have top 200 at $49.99 and top 250 at $59.99. The only thing that would make this better is if they included ALL DVRS on the advantage plan -- meaning NO dvr fees at all like Directv does it.

I checked my account today since my 921 and 811 will soon be pretty much crippled compared to my owned 622... And could get a 211 and 622 with the appropriate costs for each... I checked my Direct account and could get the HR20 or H20 free... will likely upgrade Dish and hold off on Direct upgrade till the new channels come online...+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)