Installer won't hook up OTA.. Help!!

WileyKyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Lancaster PA
He says that he needs to run a seperate line to each 622 box in order to hook up my antenna for OTA locals. Can't he just combine the sat feed and the OTA feed after the switch and then split them at the box.

HELP!!

He says that he needs to run a seperate line to each 622 box in order to hook up my antenna for OTA locals. Can't he just combine the sat feed and the OTA feed after the switch and then split them at the box.
It is certainly possible, but it typically isn't part of the free installation. Some areas with no LIL service may have OTA hookup included.

Depending on how you use your ViP622 and the second TV feature, diplexing in OTA can be a lot more complex.

yep. Just split the OTA signal, run the two outputs from the splitter to the u/v ant side of two diplexers, lines from the lnb on the sat side of the diplexers, run the lines from the diplexers to the receivers and do it all over again, only backwards. before the seperator. I know there has to be a hundred diagrams of this in here.

Then again it also depends on whether your OTA is powered or not. But it is ALWAYS better to run seperate lines. I can understand why he would not wanna hook it up with dish being Chargeback happy, If he hooks it up and being OTA "which is not guaranteed to work" And you dont like it then he has a liability in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts