Confused about display settings in 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

frozenpenguin

Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
I've been reading a bunch of post on a bunch of boards and I'm still confused about one aspect of the 921.

Right now I've got a 6000 and the way I have it hooked up to my TV, a Pioneer Elite 610HD, is like this:

My 6000 is currently set to 16x9 and 1080i in display settings and I've got the component and S-Video outputs plugged into input 2 of my TV. The TV will select and display whichever is the active source. When I select SD, I get a 4x3, 480i image from S-Video and my TV reverts to it's Natural Wide Mode. When I select HD, I get a 16x9 1080i image from the component and my TV Locks to Full mode, which is fine because I'm getting a correct aspect ratio.

So can I have this same setup with the 921?

I want to let my TV do the streching on SD material because it's Natural Wide mode is awesome. And I can't output HD all the time because my TV locks on Full mode when a 1080i/480p signal is detected.

frozenpenguin said:
I've been reading a bunch of post on a bunch of boards and I'm still confused about one aspect of the 921.

Right now I've got a 6000 and the way I have it hooked up to my TV, a Pioneer Elite 610HD, is like this:

My 6000 is currently set to 16x9 and 1080i in display settings and I've got the component and S-Video outputs plugged into input 2 of my TV. The TV will select and display whichever is the active source. When I select SD, I get a 4x3, 480i image from S-Video and my TV reverts to it's Natural Wide Mode. When I select HD, I get a 16x9 1080i image from the component and my TV Locks to Full mode, which is fine because I'm getting a correct aspect ratio.

So can I have this same setup with the 921?

I want to let my TV do the streching on SD material because it's Natural Wide mode is awesome. And I can't output HD all the time because my TV locks on Full mode when a 1080i/480p signal is detected.

I believe that you are correct. If you run the cables the same, & select SD when on a SD channel it should behave the same way with the TV selcting the aspect.
If you leave it set to HD & tune to a SD channel it will upconvert to 1080i (still not great) & place in 4*3 box if normal aspect chosen. The TV would lock into FULL because of the component. My Sony does this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)