Confused about display settings in 921

frozenpenguin

Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
I've been reading a bunch of post on a bunch of boards and I'm still confused about one aspect of the 921.

Right now I've got a 6000 and the way I have it hooked up to my TV, a Pioneer Elite 610HD, is like this:

My 6000 is currently set to 16x9 and 1080i in display settings and I've got the component and S-Video outputs plugged into input 2 of my TV. The TV will select and display whichever is the active source. When I select SD, I get a 4x3, 480i image from S-Video and my TV reverts to it's Natural Wide Mode. When I select HD, I get a 16x9 1080i image from the component and my TV Locks to Full mode, which is fine because I'm getting a correct aspect ratio.

So can I have this same setup with the 921?

I want to let my TV do the streching on SD material because it's Natural Wide mode is awesome. And I can't output HD all the time because my TV locks on Full mode when a 1080i/480p signal is detected.

frozenpenguin said:
I've been reading a bunch of post on a bunch of boards and I'm still confused about one aspect of the 921.

Right now I've got a 6000 and the way I have it hooked up to my TV, a Pioneer Elite 610HD, is like this:

My 6000 is currently set to 16x9 and 1080i in display settings and I've got the component and S-Video outputs plugged into input 2 of my TV. The TV will select and display whichever is the active source. When I select SD, I get a 4x3, 480i image from S-Video and my TV reverts to it's Natural Wide Mode. When I select HD, I get a 16x9 1080i image from the component and my TV Locks to Full mode, which is fine because I'm getting a correct aspect ratio.

So can I have this same setup with the 921?

I want to let my TV do the streching on SD material because it's Natural Wide mode is awesome. And I can't output HD all the time because my TV locks on Full mode when a 1080i/480p signal is detected.

I believe that you are correct. If you run the cables the same, & select SD when on a SD channel it should behave the same way with the TV selcting the aspect.
If you leave it set to HD & tune to a SD channel it will upconvert to 1080i (still not great) & place in 4*3 box if normal aspect chosen. The TV would lock into FULL because of the component. My Sony does this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)