Confused Voomer: Planning to terminate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDFreud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2004
Northern, NJ
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Well, I've been a Voomer since December and I am sorry to say that I am planning to cancel Voom. While I think that Voom is superior in terms of HD (or will be once they get their act together), I got used to my Direct TIVO and my Tech TV / Scifi Channel.

I can't see paying for two services while I wait for a DVR and other channels to be added while I still have performace issues with current service.

I know that the Great Sean Mota has been a big support and very helpful with Voom.
Wilt from Voom has provided a key and unpresidented customer service role, but
I can't see keeping both Voom and Direct TV.

Please convince me otherwise.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I called D* up and asked to be connected to customer retention. I told them about VOOM and asked about D*'s plans for HD. The customer retention person could not believe what was available on VOOM for the price (I subscribe to VavaVoom).

I then told her I like the D* DVR service. I asked what they could do to help me stay on D* since no DVR was avalaible on VOOM for another 6 months or so. She then proceeded to cut my bill SIGNIFICANTLY for six months with no commitment. In six months she hoped there would be a more competitive HD offer from D*.

If cost is really the issue, I suggest you do the same. Good luck with your decision.

Carlos

Seems like comparing apples to bacon?
The only reason to get VOOM is for HD content. If you want HD, then VOOM is the service. If you want other stuff too, then maybe you DO need two services, but I don't think you can compare the two at this point.

Lob

Well I couldn't be happier and yes I still subscribe to D*, too. The way I look at it is that VOOM saved me at least $1,000 since I was going to order the DirecTV HD Tivo and hopefully VOOM will rent theirs. Drop down to the VOOM $39.00 package and keep D*, and use your TiVO and watch Tech TV / Scifi Channel. This would only increase your weekly expense $10.00 per week. Take your lunch to work one day a week or find other cost savings. You would only need to cut back a little over a dollar a day to have VOOM and all that HD for the same monthly out go! In six months or so maybe you could cut back more on your D* selections or cancel it. I plan to keep both, but move all Movie Channels to VOOM when their recorder is available. Keep both services and you will have the best of both worlds and may save money in the long run. If you don't watch or enjoy VOOM's HD, then yes just cancel it. (don't know why you had it installed?)
GOOD LUCK!

I have both Direct and Voom , But here is how I pay for the Voom service , I find items around the house like say old toys or movies I might have on VHS that I have had for awhile of something I might want to get reid of and instead of like having a yard sale I sell it on ebay ,I just sold a few items this past weeken and it was enough to cover my Voom bill you might want to try something like that , it works for me and yes I will someday run out of things to sell but not for awhile, my atic is full of things we dont need , :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts