Confusing Info on HD Receiver from Direct TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Been calling Direct TV directly, as can find nobody in our corner of SOuth Dakota who has a Demo set up of HD Direct TV with their current receiver.

Was told that I need to pay for the HD receiver ($299 or $100 with VOOM rebate), but I have never paid for something that I have never seen in operation and have no idea which brand I am getting!

They say it will either be a Hughes, Phillips or Sony--but no indication of the Model number.

Also, no information on return policy or exchange policy. This is very extraordinary for something I am purchasing--even at $100.

Has anyone had any experience with these brands as to HD quality, inputs, outputs--what are the Receiver Model numbers so I can try to track it all down online?

Thats the same thing I went through, They didn't know what receiver the installer would bring, So i went to circuit city and got the H-10. for 299 plus tax, you can get it on line from them also 2 day air fright is only 12 bucks.

good luck

The rebate for VOOM customers moving over to DIRECTV is $200. not $100.

If you order from my company we do not have a re-stocking fee for SatelliteGuys members. So you could buy a HD receiver and return it if you are not totally satisfied. The no restocking fee is limited to DIRECTV receivers and is not available on re-refurbished products.

I have one LG LSS-3200A left and it's the absolute best HD STB ever made.

-Robert

VE Advanced Digital Technology Dealer

Give Robert a call - he'll take care of you! Just placed my order with him on Monday... :up

(although he didn't offer ME the LG....) ;)

bookwalk said:
They say it will either be a Hughes, Phillips or Sony--but no indication of the Model number.

So there is more than one brand of recievers with DirecTV huh? Is there a brand that is better than the others??

Green_Flea said:
So there is more than one brand of recievers with DirecTV huh? Is there a brand that is better than the others??
Not anymore... All new Recievers in productions bear the D* brand. I'd still recommend going through a company like Value Electronics who has a "no hassle" policy though.

Green_Flea said:

Sony/Zenith/LG are all top notch, and basically the same units (made by LG). Talk to Robert. He did have some refurbs at one time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts