Confusing loss of signal quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Elburn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Maine
I don't understand this... this is the second time this has happened on my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra receiver.

I was just watching IA5, and I wanted to go to IA6. So I switched channels and my motor did it's thing. I was watching absat nyc 1 I believe, and turned around to do something on my computer.

When I turned back, I had lost all my signal quality (it was originally at about 70%) and my signal strength went up to 92% (it was originally at 80% or so).

So, I tried moving the motor back to 0 and even tried moving to other satellites but nothing worked.

I then decided to turn off the back of the unit, and turn it back on. Poof! It works again. And my motor is tracking all the satellites properly.

I don't get it. It's really only a minor inconvience, but it would be nice if I didn't have to keep doing it. Is anyone familiar with this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Its happened to me once or twice. If it keeps happening I would go back to the true south position and do a factory reset, same with the motor.

I've had that happen to for an unknown reason. I just turn the switch off and back on. It starts working then :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)