Conical Scalar ring for offset dish c-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think it is great that some are now available that I don't have to hack out of something to make it work.

This needs to be moved to the FTA section. That's where all the off-set dishes are talked about.

Can one of you kind mods move it?

>J ust ordered one ! Soon the adventure will begin !

What exactly will this do for you?

Helps the signal quality when folks are working with mini-buds (1.2m dish). You wont get everything that a real BUD does but the signals you get it helps bring up the points a few

>J ust ordered one ! Soon the adventure will begin !

There have been lots of posts about conical scalar rings helping reception on mini-bud setups. Coincidentally, just yesterday I decided to order a C/Ku lnbf from Sadoun for my 1.2m dish. There are a couple of regular MLB feeds on C-band that are strong, and are likely candidates for my attention.
:)

WS906 Dish & WS-KU2C Kit??

You know, I think it would be neat if someone tried to see what they can pickup using either the WS9036 90cm satellite dish or any other 90cm satellite dish along with the WS-KU2C Conical Scalar Ring Kit and a C band or CKU LNBF like the DMX241 or DMX741 | DMX741U LNBF. I was briefly talking with one of our customers and he said he he was successfull in picking up a little bit of C band with a 90cm & a conical scalar ring, but I realy did not spend a whole lot of time bombarding him with questions....

Could you imagine C band on a small 90cm Ku band dish.... :eureka

Any volunteers??

Last edited:
I can try on a Primestar dish. I mean obviously you can only get the really strong items out there but it would be a fun project :)

Could you imagine C band on a small 90cm Ku band dish.... :eureka

Any volunteers??

Thats my intententions when weather is better and I get my lnb's from satAV.Dont have the 90 yet either as I didn't wanna spend the money till lnb came in but guy told me will have it day after I order so just waiting and weather for me.

I do have a third 90 CM 3ABN dish that I could use for such a purpose. These Azure Shine dishes have side support brackets, which would be critical for the weight of the C-Band LNBF and scaler ring. No funds at the moment for an investment in the LNBF, holder, and scaler ring though, as I am currently chin-deep in spring projects...

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts