connect HD-DVR to PS3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsmith0604

Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
arkansas
  1. I have a Playstation 3 that is hooked up to the internet via wireless router. I was wondering if I can hook up my HD-DVR to the Playstation 3 with a ethernet cord to get the on demand movies?

You need to connect the HD-DVR to a port on an ethernet switch. Just add a switch to where the PS3 is and connect both the PS3 and HD-DVR to it.

1. I have a Playstation 3 that is hooked up to the internet via wireless router. I was wondering if I can hook up my HD-DVR to the Playstation 3 with a ethernet cord to get the on demand movies?
To answer your question more directly.
No. The PS3 won't act as a wireless bridge by feeding the wireless nic to the wired nic.
If you don't have wired network near your DVR you will need exactly that a "wireless bridge". Other options would be "homeplug" (easiest) or a "MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit" (as long as you have a coax (NOT SAT) from the router location to the DVR location).

To answer your question more directly.
No. The PS3 won't act as a wireless bridge by feeding the wireless nic to the wired nic.
If you don't have wired network near your DVR you will need exactly that a "wireless bridge". Other options would be "homeplug" (easiest) or a "MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit" (as long as you have a coax (NOT SAT) from the router location to the DVR location).

Actually I disagree, I had my HR22 plugged into my PS3 which then was connected wireless to my network and I was able to stream my video's to my PC with the directv software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)