connect old BUD receiver to digital receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbuddy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
CA
[FONT=&quot]I have a working C/Ku BUD dish and analog receiver (Uniden President PS1000). I want to connect a digital FTA receiver using the digital receiver's DiSEqC (ver 1.2 or 2.2). I have read and heard that the old analog receiver can be used to control the actuator, etc. on the BUD by connecting the digital receiver to the analog receiver. If this can be done, how exactly is a digital receiver connected to the analog receiver?

Thanks
[/FONT]

use a power passing splitter. be sure the splitter's frequency range goes up to 2150mhz or higher.

one jumper can go to the digital receiver and the other to your analog box. your analog box will control the dish position and polarity (H or V).

you move the dish to the desired satellite, select a horizontal or vertical analog channel, then switch your tv input to the digital receiver, do a blind scan or smart scan of that polarity on the sat your dish is looking at.

Great! And many thanks. But I think my dish currently has only a C band LNB - so until I upgrade to a dual LNBF, do I still need the splitter? Or, is the splitter to get the MPEG receiver and the analog box to work together? And if so, your method has one jumper to the digital box and a second to the analog - and then does the RG6 from LNB go into the other end of the splitter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts