Connect to Internet

80yearold

Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Texas
New installation one TV
I am in a room with router wireless connected some 50 feet from TV
What must I do to be able to watch on my PC
I am connected via slinglink for updates. Do I need to purchase some other device.
Please advise and thanks

Does that comment in attachment indicate I need that $99 device

Attachments

• dish.PNG
    dish.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Sounds like you just have to go to the Dish website. ( www.dishnetwork.com )

Then sign into your account. If you don't have an online account you have to set one up, no different than any other site.

Once you have your account online, go right on the first page along the top, and see the categories. Don't click, just hover the pointer over "My Account" and there is a list that drops down. At the bottom is "Dishonline". Pick that.

You may need to register your receiver, there should be directions. This is where you can watch TV, set up recordings, etc.. online from wherever you are. Just be aware, it is not working 100% yet, though reports of late seem like alot of the bugs have been fixed. I had it work correctly for the first time two days ago.

If you have a 722 or 722K receiver you need to get a Sling Adapter. $99 up front but FREE when you receive a $99 prepaid credit card. Do a search for Sling Adapter. PM a DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) member on here to get one for FREE.
Welcome aboard!

Ed

Getting online

Can I assume from the attachment I need the $99 adapter to get on line
Thanks

Attachments

• dish.PNG
    dish.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 108
What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to view live TV on your computer? If yes, you do need a sling adapter to do that.

Otherwise, dishonline.com does have some content that you can view (and if you log in you can view more), but it is not LIVE TV.

Hope this cleared things up for you.

connect online

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to view live TV on your computer? If yes, you do need a sling adapter to do that.

Otherwise, dishonline.com does have some content that you can view (and if you log in you can view more), but it is not LIVE TV.

Hope this cleared things up for you.

RESOLVED
And I thank you I will purchase adapter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts