Need Help With Move

markcosenza

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I just moved recently via chat from Chicago to Los Angeles. While the new local channels show up on the guide, they are not working. I get an error message that my local channels are temporarily out. I'm guessing I have to change my transponder settings but don't want to mess this up... Can someone help me out here?

I believe that the Los Angeles locals are on a spotbeam, and the spotbeam doesn't reach Chicago.

A simple question.... Why are you so intent on not seeing Chicago stations at the expense of moving anywhere but there?

Sure - a simple answer - I already have those on my outdoor antenna..which is very reliable since it is mounted fairly high... it's kind of a waste to have the same stations twice.. but if I can't get some decent HD alternatives, I won't bother...so that being said.. it there any source where I can check for a compatible place ahead of time?

A simple question.... Why are you so intent on not seeing Chicago stations at the expense of moving anywhere but there?

Go to The List!, on top of every page, go to Subscription List, click Dish Network Markets, pick your State and then City and then take a look at the spotbeams for each of them.

If you're inside the green circle, you should be golden. The way to tell for sure is to check the transponder signal strength. Go to the Point Dish screen on your receiver, change the satellite to 129, and the transponder to 24. See if you get a lock and the signal strength.

Yep I did.. I think I understand it now.. just for grins, I tested 11 and 22 where I saw Milwaukee and Rockford respectively... and they came out locked as well. Thanks for educating me on this... much appreciated.

If you're inside the green circle, you should be golden. The way to tell for sure is to check the transponder signal strength. Go to the Point Dish screen on your receiver, change the satellite to 129, and the transponder to 24. See if you get a lock and the signal strength.

Yep I did.. I think I understand it now.. just for grins, I tested 11 and 22 where I saw Milwaukee and Rockford respectively... and they came out locked as well. Thanks for educating me on this... much appreciated.
Did it also switch to spotbeam from transponder? If it doesn't do that then you will not get the beam you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)