Connecticut Voomers thread

Ok, wasn't you then! :) I know chatted with someone here who will be near me... have to look through my PMs.

madpoet said:
Yes, but who's the subcontractor :). Just curious. Signalvision is doing mine, but even then they subcontracted to yet another local person.

Not sure yet. I will try to find out.

madpoet said:
Ok, wasn't you then! :) I know chatted with someone here who will be near me... have to look through my PMs.

It was me Madpoet. When they get done with your install send them over to my house. Since the last firmware update I have been seeing a lot freeze ups. They were waiting for the new software to come out before they replace the old boxes but it looks like a necessity. I tried to call to get them to come out but the next available saturday was 4/24.

dave

Ouch Dave :(. I'm very surprised, I hadn't thought they were that busy around here. I can give you the number for my install guys if you think it might get you anything.

madpoet,

It says that my install will be done by Three O'clock Communication. Anybody have experience with them?.

Can you guys post what OTA channels are mapped on your Voom receivers.
Mine are:

3.1 WFSBDT1- Received fine
3.3 WFSBDT3 - Received fine
8.1 WTNHDT - Received fine
8-15 INVOOM – This is weird as it is the same as channel 999 from satellite.
20.1 WTXXDT - Received fine
30.1 WVITDT- Received fine
59.1 WCTXDT - Received fine
61.1 WTICDT - Does not come in at all on Voom receiver. I can receive it fine on my other 2 OTA receivers.

CKNA said:
Can you guys post what OTA channels are mapped on your Voom receivers.
Mine are:

3.1 WFSBDT1- Received fine
3.3 WFSBDT3 - Received fine
8.1 WTNHDT - Received fine
8-15 INVOOM – This is weird as it is the same as channel 999 from satellite.
20.1 WTXXDT - Received fine
30.1 WVITDT- Received fine
59.1 WCTXDT - Received fine
61.1 WTICDT - Does not come in at all on Voom receiver. I can receive it fine on my other 2 OTA receivers.

There is something wrong with the mpeg channel on WTIC. I was working with someone from voom on fixing it last week, but then they had all the problems with the new software and we got put on the back burner. I am in Arizona right now and after checking my email he wrote me that he has some type of scanning he wants me to try when I get home. Will be back the Saturday before Easter so hopefully Monday after Easter we can get this fixed. I also tried a Samsung receiver so I know WTIC comes in where I live. Hopefully they will add scanning feature in April as I also get NY stations where I live. WCBS doesn't seem to have the audio sync problems WFSB has. Missing my HD tv although our hotel room has 35" tv hooked up to cable.

New to VOOM!!!

Hello, great forum,I'm a new voom sub. or soon to be install is 4/6,any advise on install or voom in general !!! Thanks Jim :confused:

Prospect

I'm in Prospect.Hoping for some decent weather for my install don't really want to wait any longer than I have!!! Hope to be watching some nice HD soon!!! Jim

Well, you can see my larger install thread in the main forum. But right now I get absolutely ZERO locals. Never get a signal strength above 20. What is interesting is that I was told here in Manchester, we are a test market. For free they upgraded my antenna to a Wineguard HD7084P. If I can't figure out how to get some locals, Voom won't last in my house. Wife will go nuts :)

-MP

voom reciever HxWxD

I used the link to the reciever dimen. but it keeps coming up invalid,so can anybody give me the height,width,and depth for the reciever.Thanks in advance Jim

Hi Dave, Gary in Stafford Springs. I do not get anything from Channel 61 either. The last I heard, they had a test antenna up and were running low power, but this could have changed since I heard(maybe 6mos ago). What I do get OTA is 3-1,3-2,8-1,20-1,26-1,30-1,59-1. I did notice this eve that 61 now has 61,61-1,61-2,61-3,61-4,61-5 with -1 showing a listing and the other 61's (no info). I am @ 865' and I have an on-roof Channel Master amplified Quantum on a rotor. It's cool to be on the cutting edge here. This sattelite hasn't been in the sky a year yet.

Voom Receiver Dimensions

Jrek said:
I used the link to the reciever dimen. but it keeps coming up invalid,so can anybody give me the height,width,and depth for the reciever.Thanks in advance Jim

Hi Jim: It's a rather large box - 17"W x 3"H(includes feet) x 13" deep.

Gary

Well, I got my second box yesterday and had my antenna fixed. My 2nd box is targeted for the upgrade, but I can't seem to force it to happen no matter what I try. Hopefully it occurs soon, since this thing is locking up like mad.

My OTA situation has improved, but I do still have an annoying issue with Channel 30. I'm so close to getting it cleanly, but still get all sorts of pixelation and drops. I'm wondering if I need to get a CM7777 amp. I'm right on the fringe, and NBC is fairly critical. Like the rest of you, I am unable to tune Fox. They really need to get this fixed soon.

-MP

madpoet said:
Well, I got my second box yesterday and had my antenna fixed. My 2nd box is targeted for the upgrade, but I can't seem to force it to happen no matter what I try. Hopefully it occurs soon, since this thing is locking up like mad.

My OTA situation has improved, but I do still have an annoying issue with Channel 30. I'm so close to getting it cleanly, but still get all sorts of pixelation and drops. I'm wondering if I need to get a CM7777 amp. I'm right on the fringe, and NBC is fairly critical. Like the rest of you, I am unable to tune Fox. They really need to get this fixed soon.

-MP
When I installed my large cm antenna I tried it without the amp first and only got WTNH. After installing amp I get all CT stations and some from NY. I used samsung reciever to to get fox and NY channels to test antenna.
I sent an email to the guy at Voom that was helping me get WTIC working so maybe tomorrow we can get it fixed. I think the 7777 will help you a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts