Connecting a 722 DVR to a Dish Pro 500 dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

forestwood

Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
central illinois
I am new to the Forum, but could use some help. My motorhome has a Dish Pro 500 on a tripod. I am trying to connect a new 722 DVR. HD and locals are not needed. How can I connect this, or do I need Separators, Diplexers, or to change my LNB's?

Thanks, Forestwood

Since it's likely a DishPro LNB (not DishPro Plus), you'll need to run two cables from the LNB, to both of the receiver's "satellite in" ports. If it is a DishPro Plus, then you can run one cable, to a separator, to both of the satellite ins.

DishPro LNB's will not work with Separators, and diplexers will only be needed if you want to run a backfeed to a second TV

Thanks Matt. I already have 2 feeds from the dish 500. I will test it out tomorrow. You brought up a good question about the 2nd TV in the Bedroom. I thought I could cable from the back of the 722 to TV2. Your thoughts please! THX, Forestwd

You can run cable from TV2 on back of your receiver to your video distribution box (either AUX input or SAT input) and that will send the signal back to your bedroom TV

Thanks to all. I was able to get the Dish 500 working with the 722. Also figured that I can use the SAT input to run to the 2nd Tv. All went well after I ran a Check Switch.

I'll be using this valuable Forum again. Thx. Forestwood

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)