connecting computer to dvr

willowdoc

Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
wisconsin
Is it possible to connect my computer to my Dish 625 so I can see web content on my television screen? I've seen posts about downloading from the box to computer but am confused as to whether it is possible to go in the other direction. HELP PLEASE!

Is it possible to connect my computer to my Dish 625 so I can see web content on my television screen?
I think you want to connect your computer directly to your TV. Most HDTVs these days have VGA input. And modern computers can operate as HTPCs with HDMI output.

I can connect my MacBook by mini-DVI to HDMI to the third port on my Samsung. I have not yet bothered with fiber or wired sound. The newer MacBooks use a mini-display port-to-DVI adapter. VGA is so analog. :)
-Ken

Is it possible to connect my computer to my Dish 625 so I can see web content on my television screen? I've seen posts about downloading from the box to computer but am confused as to whether it is possible to go in the other direction. HELP PLEASE!

You really need a hdtv with hdmi to do web content well, a standard tv has resolution 640 x 480 and text from computer set at a higher resolution will look very fuzzy. Video Dvd's and other video is very watchable

Does your computer video card that haves a rca composite video out or s-video out that you can hook directly to TV or go through a DVR or VCR

A computer is of no help to a 625. The 625 has no way of communicating with a computer and its only sources are the satellite tuners.

You could hook your computer up to your TV but that's outside the scope of the DISH Network forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)