Connecting HD24 reciever to new location. Tuner 2 no signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

atdriver

Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
USA
New here so hello for starters :usa2:

I thought I had it all figured out to take my HD 24 receiver to my new cabin to watch TV but ran into some issues. Hopefully you guys may have the answer.

The cabin has a Model AV2-F1 dish Triple feed Multi-Sat LNB dish with 4 cables running from the dish ( previous owner had 4 TV's in the house)
I hook up my HD24 SWM receiver to the cabin and copied in the setting left on the old "turned off boxes" which was Dish Type 3-LNB (18"x20") and set to multi-switch.

I got mid to upper 90s signal strength but an error kept coming up about No signal to tuner 2. At that point I was stumped.

Any ideas what Ii missed?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Did you connect two cables to the dvr? Also, you realize that you won't get hd channels with that dish, yes?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Did you connect two cables to the dvr? Also, you realize that you won't get hd channels with that dish, yes?

I was prepared for no HD until we get a new dish but was not sure what was going to happen, oh well no biggy on the no HD for awhile.

I just used the single cable that was already there in the old equipment and plugged it into my HD24 since that is all that is plugged into my HD24 when I am at home, ie 1 cable. Can you tell I don't do this much? :)

At home you have a swm setup, so only one cable is needed to use both tuners. The dish you are using now can't do swm, so two cables are needed for two tuners.

At home you have a swm setup, so only one cable is needed to use both tuners. The dish you are using now can't do swm, so two cables are needed for two tuners.

Any pointers on where to find info on how to do that? I assume the 4 cables from the dish go to the 4 TVs in the house ( 2 of the TV's I don't even care about). Maybe this is above my head. However, if it requires another hole in a wall I am good with a drill. :D

Also, make sure the cables run straight from the dish to the dvr. No splitters!

in a worst case scenario, you can convert the dvr to run off of one tuner to get rid of the error message if rerouting the line ends up being a headache (since your also getting a new dish in the future) you can do this by

menu - setup - system setup - satellite - repeat satellite setup

when you get to the first screen make sure to enter 18x20 like you did last time, multiswitch is the corrent subsetting, and there should be a third field labeled tuners with a preselected setting of dual, setting this to single, and continuing with setup will allow the dvr to operate without any error codes on your current dish. Still no HD and also due to not running a second line (or utilizing swm) you will be limited to recording one program, and you must watch that program while recording.

Just adding some additional information to the thread

from you friendly neighborhood ~kitty.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)