Connecting TV Ears speaker system to Genie Mini

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MysticDreamer

Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
Hey guys, new here so be kind. :)

I recently upgraded to a Genie DVR in the living room and Genie mini in the bedroom. Prior to this we just had two standard Directv receivers. On the old one in the bedroom we had purchased a TV Ears speaker system because the TV sound was just to loud most of the time and hubby likes to listen to music or watch tv late at night while I am asleep. The TV Ears speaker allows us to turn down the sound more than the TV does and you can hook a headset to it and it connected to the back of the receiver not the TV. The TV Ears were great!

Well come to find out they don't work or can't be hooked up the same way to the genie mini. Is there anyway around this? I paid a lot for the TV Ears and would still like to use them in the bedroom. If not can you suggests another somewhat less expensive speaker system that will do the same thing.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide me.

MysticDreamer :)

:welcome to Satelliteguys MysticDreamer!

As you have found out, the mini doesn't have the same connections that you are used to seeing. You might get Directv to swap it for a regular receiver like an H25. Call and ask, it can't hurt! You could also get the dongle designed for the mini that converts the connector on the back to composite outputs. I think that would be compatible with the device you have now. Good luck!
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=10pincompos

Yes, the composite dongle gives you the red/white audio outputs and I expect that will work for you....

You most likely will need the client 10 pin referred to as the dongle in above posts as well as two female to female rca adapters as I am assuming the tv ears plugged into your previous receiver. The f2f adapter can be purchased at radioshack or elsewhere pretty cheap. A few bucks at most.

Is this what you are talking about for the F2F adapter? And if so once I get the dongle and the F2F adapter, exactly how do I connect it all to the TV Ears transmitter and the Mini Genie. I know the 10 pin goes into the back of the Genie, but what then? I feel kind of stupid I am not usually this incompetent when it comes to stuff like this. :confused:

Amazon product ASIN B001E71FTI

The white and red connectors are the left and right audio connections. You may not need the f2f connectors depending upon how far it is to the TV Ears box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)