Connecting two Hoppers with ethernet only?

greensha

Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Athens, GA
I'm sure this question has been asked before, couldn't I find it on the forum. I have two Hoppers that are on separate dishes (two buildings, same address). Both Hoppers are on the same ethernet network and can see each other on the network using the Whole Home page. However, I can't link them. I would like to be able to access the DVR on each Hopper to avoid duplicating timers. Is this possible? Because of the construction of the two buildings, it would be tricky to run coax cable between the two Hoppers.

?Thanks!

?Thanks for the quick answer! I have RG-11 cable that connects the two buildings. The tech who installed the Hopper/Joey system thought that might work even though the distance was over the max distance they usually run cable (but not by much). He couldn't use the RG-11 because he didn't have the terminators or crimp tool, but I think I'll try and use that to connect the two Hoppers.

If you want to keep the two dish setup, you can connect the client ports of the two nodes together to enable sharing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)