This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Connecting vip 722 to internet via laptop

user1337

Original poster
May 17, 2009
US
Today I decided to try out the slingbox for dish dvrs. It said I had to connect to the internet and since I don't have a homeplug, I decided to try it through my windows vista laptop. I tried to share the connection and connect the dvr to the laptop via ethernet. When I tested the connection everything was showing up including ip and dns, however it said the internet was not working. I than connected the laptop to my 360 to see if anything was wrong and it worked fine. I have spent the last three hours trying to get it to work, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

In order for this to work you must have a router or network setup the reason Is the 360 and the xbox is vista compatiable I have a 360 and xbox and they both show up on the network. I do know that you are not suppose to connect ethernet to ethernet it wont work. My dvr 622 show up find on the network I have the 622 connected on my network going through my router and my laptop connects wirless on my wirless router and I can control my dvr online.