Connecting wireless modem and router to HR20 DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fmday

Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Hi,

I just registered at the Forum and hope someone can answer a simple question. I have a wireless DSL modem with built-in router, that I use with a laptop (connecting either via ethernet or using wireless). I would like to connect this router to the HR20 DVR using an ethernet cable, so that I can use the Direct on Demand service.

If I connected the wireless modem/router to the DVR, wouldn't I still be able to connect my laptop to the internet using the wireless connection?

I know this is a silly question, but I am not a techy and I don't want to have to buy an ethernet adapter and go through effort configuring a network. I basically have one laptop computer, a DSL modem and router and a HR20 DRV that is connected to a HD television set.

Can someone please answer this question?

Thanks.

The modem /router has four connection ports, and could if necessary be connected to the laptop by eternet cable. However, generally, I would use the wireless connection.

Thanks for your quick reply.

You can use both hard wire and wireless in combination; its not an either or thing. So you have no worries.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts