Will 3 LNB dish still get most channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aman00

Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
I am looking at getting an RV stand and taking my directv with me. It looks like getting 3 LNB dishes is much cheaper than the 5 LNB ones.

I do have a new receiver (i think its the H10-something), and have a 5LNB dish at the house.

Which channels will I lose going with the 3 LNB dish? Will it work at all? I'd prefer to be able to still get HD programming, and I do not get local channels with my account. Any information you can provide would be very helpful and thank you in advance for your help!

Aaron

First of all, if your receiver is truly an H10 something, than it will soon lose it's HD programming as DirecTV transitions to MPEG4 programming.

The 3 LNB dish will continue to receive SD programming, but if you want any HD than you'll need to go with the 5LNB Slimline dish.

I am looking at getting an RV stand and taking my directv with me. It looks like getting 3 LNB dishes is much cheaper than the 5 LNB ones.

I do have a new receiver (i think its the H10-something), and have a 5LNB dish at the house.

Which channels will I lose going with the 3 LNB dish? Will it work at all? I'd prefer to be able to still get HD programming, and I do not get local channels with my account. Any information you can provide would be very helpful and thank you in advance for your help!

Aaron

I suspect you have an H20-something. There would be no reason to have a 5 lnb dish with an H10.

You are probably correct that it must be an H20. They installed it with the 5 lnb dish and it gets all the channels currently.

So none of the HD channels will work with the 3 LNB dish is what I'm understanding? Or will it just get the old ones that were in the 71-80 channel range that I used to be able to get with the 3 LNB?

Thanks for your help in the previous posts guys!

Aaron

It will get "MOST CHANNELS" if asking about SD & HD; but if asking about HD only; you might as well upgrade that PhaseIII ASAP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.