Connection Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrock21

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
actually I have 2 questions:

1) Is there any problem with using a splitter on the satellite cable coming out of the wall, where one line would go to an h20 HD receiver and the other to a DVR?

2) I just purchased an H20 receiver off eBay. It is used, but the guy is sending me the access card. How do I transfer the card over for my use and should there be any additional charges from directv for adding this receiver?

Any help is appreciated.

A splitter won't work. You will either need a second cable directly from the dish (if available), or a multiplexer to give you the additional capacity you need.

Don't know about the access card.

jrock21 said:
actually I have 2 questions:

1) Is there any problem with using a splitter on the satellite cable coming out of the wall, where one line would go to an h20 HD receiver and the other to a DVR?

2) I just purchased an H20 receiver off eBay. It is used, but the guy is sending me the access card. How do I transfer the card over for my use and should there be any additional charges from directv for adding this receiver?

Any help is appreciated.
No splitters between the dish and the receivers, after that, it's ok (receiver output)

As for the access card, in most cases D* will require you to get a new card from them and usually charge you $ 20 and if you ask they will probably send it overnight Fed Ex or whatever they use.

Jimbo

Would a High Frequency Splitter or Multiswitch work?

jrock21 said:
Would a High Frequency Splitter or Multiswitch work?
A Multi switch would work, if you need to connect more than the 4 lines comeing out of the dish itself.

No High Frequency Splitter :down

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Finding out info on your D*commitment

Need Installation Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts