Status
Please reply by conversation.

mattb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Columbus, OH, USA
Is college football found on FTA ? I am consdiering a KU FTA setup and I am really interested in college football, not necessarly the "big games" because u can find those on ABC/CBS/NBC/ESPN etc...

Thnx

Lots of games are available via both digital and analog. The analogs are getting fewer, but there are usually 4 or 5 satellites that seem to have a lot of games. Scanning is the best part because you don’t know if you’ll get a big SEC or Big East matchup or a Division II or even III game

If you want to see some college football, then i would recommend picking up an analog receiver. you will not believe how many football games are available on saturday's in the fall. As stated many times before, for the sports junkie, an analog receiver is a must.

you can basically get all of the ESPN gameplan games on analog. I have had an analog reciever for 2 years now, and have watched tons of CFB.......i just got my fta reciever last month, i didn't have much time to play with it last Saturday to find many games.....but i think there are more games on analog it seems.

Last Weekend was my first FTA College Football weekend and it was fantastic! :D

FSN is slowly going over to FTA. PPV games can be found FTA as least it was last week. 1 one was analog, 1 was 4:2:0 digital and the other 4:2:2 digital. CN8 feeds are 4:2:0, CSTV feeds are 4:2:2, Sportswest feeds are 4:2:0, SunBelt feeds can be either 4:2:0 or 4:2:2, ESPN + feeds are mostly analog still, PAC 10 FSN games are usually 4:2:0, TBS feeds are 4:2:2, ESPN feeds are mostly 4:2:2.

stop teesing me, I am wanting to now buy a FTA setup and get ahold of an old analog receiver lol

There's lots and lots of CFB during the fall FTA. In fact, many universities even publish the location of the feeds.

A good amount of it is still analog. Some is 4:2:0, and an increasing amount is 4:2:2, which means you'll need either an expensive Quali-TV or pro receiver ($700+) or a PC card like the $50 Twinhan and a half-decent computer (e.g. 1.5 GHz or faster).

tvdxer said:
There's lots and lots of CFB during the fall FTA. In fact, many universities even publish the location of the feeds.

A good amount of it is still analog. Some is 4:2:0, and an increasing amount is 4:2:2, which means you'll need either an expensive Quali-TV or pro receiver ($700+) or a PC card like the $50 Twinhan and a half-decent computer (e.g. 1.5 GHz or faster).

I am not really even interested in the "big games" just college ball in general so this sounds like a fun idea to get a FTA system.

Yeah I know about the 4:2:2 feeds. I do have a fast (2ghz machine with Svideo tv card out) so I could easly add a satellite DVB card to get the 4:2:2 feeds) I'd still get a regular FTA 4:2:0 receiver for the tv though (primarly for blind scanning of 4:2:0 feeds) -- like the wild news feeds that pop up.

Rufus_74 said:
then i would recommend picking up an analog receiver.....

Guys, My pansat has in its back a tuner and written on it Antenna, and even when the manual is discriping this tuner, it draws a picture of an analog antenna connected to it not dish(this is totally different tuner from the other 2 tuners which are made for 2 dishs connections in 5000 version), guys is this mean that my pansat is also an analog reciever beside being DVB?

That thing is making me :shocked I want to understand it but until this moment I did not find a solution, I connected this antenna tuner lately to a Wallmart Chienese cheap antenna, but I do not know how to use my reciever to enjoy this option, or to make scan useing such analog antenna, also the back of the reciever includeS UHF spot.

newbiebutnotforever said:
Guys, My pansat has in its back a tuner and written on it Antenna, and even when the manual is discriping this tuner, it draws a picture of an analog antenna connected to it not dish(this is totally different tuner from the other 2 tuners which are made for 2 dishs connections in 5000 version), guys is this mean that my pansat is also an analog reciever beside being DVB?

no. It accepts an OTA antenna to pass through. An analog receiver is what the old C/KU Band receivers were...analog. The receivers we use (Pansat, Fortec, etc) are digital.

I have now some confusion :confused: , So do you mean that the reciever in my case is just a medium between the Antenna and the TV and it has nothing to do with scaning the signals which are recieved throw this antenna?

most (if not all) receivers have 2 inputs
-one (or in the 5000's case..2) inputs from the dish for satellite
-one for an OTA outdoor or indoor antenna. This is just a pass through for your local channels (the unit has to be off to receive those)

For listing of college football games, go this this yahoo page:

/groups.yahoo.com/group/backhaul

You have to become a member to get in. It's free registration.

You can't believe the # games people posted there. On a typical Saturday, it's like 20-30 games easy.

The satellite hobbyists have more pleasure scanning for games and share them with fellow football fans than actually watching the games...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)