Considering D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wii_dont_care

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville, OH
Hello all,

I am currently an E* sub and have thrown around the idea of switching to D*, as my "commitment" with E* ends soon.

Keeping my price close to E* (or lower) is important, as I am a grandfathered 'Absoulte HD' $29.99/mo. subscriber. With locals, equipment fees, and whatnot, my mothly bill is less than $55.00

I have 2 HD tvs and 1 SD. As a new sub to E* is there anyway to get the second HD receiver without paying the $99 start-up cost associated with the 2nd box?

Also I noticed their promo prices on the packages reflect a 12 month savings. How long of a contract does E* have for new subs.

Thanks!

I couldn't get D* to budge on those extra boxes and I was adding 2 of them. I think it is a lost cause.

try going thru the phone the phone company if they are partnered with directv but in my honest opinion, you wont get that same price for that setup.

Hello all,

I am currently an E* sub and have thrown around the idea of switching to D*, as my "commitment" with E* ends soon.

Keeping my price close to E* (or lower) is important, as I am a grandfathered 'Absoulte HD' $29.99/mo. subscriber. With locals, equipment fees, and whatnot, my mothly bill is less than $55.00

I have 2 HD tvs and 1 SD. As a new sub to E* is there anyway to get the second HD receiver without paying the $99 start-up cost associated with the 2nd box?

Also I noticed their promo prices on the packages reflect a 12 month savings. How long of a contract does E* have for new subs.

Thanks!
Yeah I had the same HD Absolute package with E* and the only advice I can give you is to stay with it if you're happy with the channels you have. My problem was, I wasn't happy with that arrangement and stuck it out until I realized new nat'l HD channels (the ones I wanted) were no longer being added.

I doubt you'll find anything cheaper beyond the 12 month mark with offerings presently out there. (Commitment is 24 months).

I switched to DirecTv to take advantage of the 12 month savings. By my calculations, the savings is only marginal after that.

All in all, I was surprised by the improvements DirecTv has made with picture quality and most features and tweaks that I prefer are here as well. E* frequently stopped my DVR before episode finished and in the fall season, I had too many tuner conflicts if I tried to add a couple of minutes to season passes. DirecTv just doesn't have this problem with series links or tuner conflicts because guide and boxes' clock is synchronized better to allow the episodes to finish with a generous overlap.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)