Considering Dish, a few questions

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
Switched from E to D two years ago mainly due to problems with E5. Now that Ciel has solved the reception problems and my contract is up I'm considering E again. Mainly because I like the 622/722 and E has pulled back into the lead on the HD programing that I care most about. I would miss Sunday Ticket but that's about all.

The questions:

Assuming line of site, can they reuse the existing D roof mount for the new dish? I'd like to avoid more holes in my roof.
How close to capacity is E for HD? With D about to launch D12 I don't want to kick myself in a few months if they suddenly balloon their non sports HD offerings.
If they are near full are there new launches scheduled?

Thanks in advance.

The questions:

Assuming line of site, can they reuse the existing D roof mount for the new dish? I'd like to avoid more holes in my roof.
How close to capacity is E for HD? With D about to launch D12 I don't want to kick myself in a few months if they suddenly balloon their non sports HD offerings.
If they are near full are there new launches scheduled?

Thanks in advance.

Read a similar mount question this week in another post. Someone answered that the tech will reuse mount when possible. Less holes for you, less work for them.

As far as D12 launch... well E* has had both Ciel2 and Nimiq5 launched this year. More next year I'm sure.

Last edited:
around feb

Read a similar mount question this week in another post. Someone answered that the tech will reuse mount when possible. Less holes for you, less work for them.

As far as D12 launch... well E* has had both Ciel2 and Nimiq5 launched this year. More next year I'm sure.

Somewhere around Feb E* is going to launch another sat as well. The mount can be used my bro just recently left D* for E and they used the mast I put up years ago. In fact w/ you in MN you may be able to go with the Eastern Arc set up. It's to the S & SSE of you. The sats are at 61.5 (mostly HD), 72.7 & 77. Right now I have 3 dishes set up and use a combo of EA & WA. I have 72.7, 77, & 129. Why just turned out that way. I was WA and "moved" to location that has all the big 4 in HD (here there are only 2 on sat). I looking a a job to the N of me so when I move I will "move" again to a city that has the big 4 + CW in HD. So to sum up Yes you can use same mount and most likely had good line of site to all the sats you need.

Thanks. Good news on the mount. Guess I haven't been following E* launches. What is Nimiq5 used for?

Somewhere around Feb E* is going to launch another sat as well. The mount can be used my bro just recently left D* for E and they used the mast I put up years ago. In fact w/ you in MN you may be able to go with the Eastern Arc set up. It's to the S & SSE of you. The sats are at 61.5 (mostly HD), 72.7 & 77. Right now I have 3 dishes set up and use a combo of EA & WA. I have 72.7, 77, & 129. Why just turned out that way. I was WA and "moved" to location that has all the big 4 in HD (here there are only 2 on sat). I looking a a job to the N of me so when I move I will "move" again to a city that has the big 4 + CW in HD. So to sum up Yes you can use same mount and most likely had good line of site to all the sats you need.

When I moved the installer mentioned that E installs often point at EA in this area. I suspect that's just left over from the E5 problems that Ciel2 took care of. I think I'd prefer to stick with WA just to keep it to 1 dish. I would lose CW HD going from D to E either with locals from Fargo or Minneapolis. But now that Reaper is cancelled I don't watch anything there.

Think I'll wait until the end of football season. That way I can see if D12 actually looks viable and hopefully get an indication if D is going to actually offer anything new besides sports with the new sat. But I really do miss the E DVRs.

If your locals are on 129, I seriously doubt they would set you up with an EA dish. Too much hassle to set up 2 dishes, when 1 will work fine for your service.

I switched from D to E last year, and really like dish. I get the new redzone channel, so that takes care of my football addiction. Really don't miss the Sunday Ticket at all. I really don't miss the bills for it for 5 months out of the year. They started charging way to much for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)