Crimp-on Connectors

tanglefoot

Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
When you used crimp-on connectors, and even a single wire from the shield bundle is left touching the core wire, then all the signal to that coax is grounded out, right? I'm trying to find a problem with my dual control model 522 after moving the unit and shortening two of the coax lines and splicing the coax from TV#1 to TV#2. Since the move I am either TV operates normally and will record its own programming, but both TV's won't operate at the same time. (One will operate while the other does the satellite search.) This wouldn't be possible with a grounded core wire, would it?

Do you have both tuners connected to the satellite dish? Either 2 coaxial cables from the dish or 1 coaxial cable into a separator on the back of the 522.

Yes...2 coaxial cables come from the dish. I think I will go check those connections, though. I'm new at crimping those connectors onto coax, so there might be a problem with one of them.

Boba,
You were right on. I checked my connections on the two satellite feeds by removing them from the DVR, one at a time. The first one I took off was the one causing the problem. I replaced it properly and now everything works.
Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)