Considering Switching From Dish, Some Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Hello,

Fios just became available here in my area. The bundle price is really tempting, I think it's as much as I pay for dish just for TV, maybe a tad more but I'll get Phone and Internet too.

What I am looking at is the highest tier which is $139.99/MO. This includes TV Ultimate HD, Home Phone and 75/75 Internet.

The main question I have in regards to Fios TV... and I guess if there's anyone that had Dish and switched would know best, is how does the DVR, Features, and Interface compare? Also Would I get the same or more channels with the Ultimate Tier?

Thanks!
Jay

I have dish and fios the fios tv picture is a lot nicer than dish the hd is flawless. The dvr boxes are good and with the new up dates I kind of like it better than my hopper . I have the two dvr with 12 tuners and 4 client boxes it's about 75 for them . The Internet is rock solid and has never gone out in 7 years . 75/75 will clock out way above that . The channels are about the same as dish but the premium channels have a lot more hd than dish . The on demand is also way nicer than what dish has to offer. My recommendation is to get fios you can't go wrong.

We had Dish for 13 years before we got FIOS several years ago. We currently have the Quantum VMS system with two of the servers and two clients which gives us the 12 tuners as well. We compared the channel lineups before we switched and found we ended up with more channels that we liked on FIOS... at the time we switched, I don't know how they compare now. We felt the picture quality was better and needless to say the internet speeds were way above what we used to get with time warner. We have been very satisfied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)