Considering using ProgDVB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
netbuilder

netbuilder

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 2, 2007
Missouri
I have been a faithful user of DVB Dream but have been having problems lately. I have been reading a bit on Prog DVB and I was curious what real world pros and cons are about this product.

I have a P4, 2Ghz, 1GB RAM with a VisionPlus/TwinHan 1030A. I was curious if I can do simple regular recording as well as streaming to a VLC client. Also, will this handle 4:2:0/4:2:2 and HD (if not local viewing than streaming).

Does anyone have a screen shots to share?

satcom1

satcom1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 7, 2007
Near Chicago
There is a quick start manual on www.ProgDVB.com that is full of screen shots. I use 5.14.8 which works well with my Twinhan 1025 DTV PCI card. I tried DVBDream but it crashed too often. It works well with PBS HD channels. I use Cyberlink Video Codecs. Can't answer your question about PVR functions or streaming video. They have added alot of modulation options NBC 8qpsk and works well on DVB-S2. There is also CI/cam module support.

netbuilder

netbuilder

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 2, 2007
Missouri
Thanks satcom1 for the information, I think that is enough to get me to install it and give it a try.

satcom1

satcom1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 7, 2007
Near Chicago
I wrote the Quick Start manual that is on his site, if you have any questions, just ask. His software has improved greatly in the last few months. It still has a ways to go before it is what I consider a commercial product. I am just a hobbiest like you, I don't get anything but satisfaction for my contributions. Prog will answer your questions and there is also a forum there. He has added powerful channel edinting to his software. I have deleted all but north american satellites and will be happy to share the Transponders>all.txt file.

X

xfxzone

Jul 12, 2008
what i need to see dish satellite channels on my pc?

i actually have the system but for my regular TV.

satcom1

satcom1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 7, 2007
Near Chicago
You will need some PC DVBS card. Twinhan is popular and cheap. You can buy this from one of the boards sponsers at top of page. a FTA dish Suggest 90 cm and invacom LNBF.

X

xfxzone

Jul 12, 2008
thanks satcom,

but u r speaking to me in chinese :D, what is a invacom LNBF?, you know for a good quality on HD of PC DVBS card?

thanks again

satcom1

satcom1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 7, 2007
Near Chicago
Click on the supporter links at the top of page and look for LNBF. Or just click on Invacom, in this post . I use the SNH-031 and the Twinhan 1025 or higher in number will give you HDTV. You are starting on a great adventure, good luck. Goto the www.Twinhan.com to see what cards you like. then check our supporters and Ebay.

Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.