considering voom need some info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Richard Fuller

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Guy's I'm considering voom very seriously. Right now I have Directv everything package except HDTVand Dish everything package with HDTV. I'm considering droping all or most of Dish programming. I know that if I'm considering a second receiver I should order it in the beginning to avoid the $199 installation fee later. When the DVR comes out will it be just a swap out with a existing receiver? And I read that the DVR will have great networking capabilities with small receivers called client boxes if I remember the name correctly. Anybody have any idea how much these client boxes will be per month will they be the same as the lease fee is now???

Thanks in advance
Richard Fuller

The existing STBs will be clients (for programing), but you are probably thinking of the Uconnect boxes to allow pictures/audio on computers as clients (note: not video). The existing STBs we are told will be swappable for the newer DVRs but the cost/polocy has not been established. Worst case you keep existing STB as part of the network and add a DVR. Shows/tuners shareable across home network (e.g., existing STB tuned to HD News but watched in a different room.

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)