Consoles PS3 or Xbox 360??

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok guys I might be in the market this fall for a console I'm still a hardcore PC Gamer. But between the PS3 and Xbox 360 which do you guys like the most. I'm a die hard Sony guy when it comes to their electronics TV's Blu-Ray so forth so I'm kinda leaning to wards a PS3. But I like the Xbox 360 layout as well but I hear they are still having heating issues with the 360's. Any input would be much appreciated.. :)

Hands-down the PS3 in all areas. There is absolutely no reason to get an XBOX...unless it's to replace another failed XBOX. I admit that I am somewhat bias having purchased three PS3s, but this is my opinion and I endorse the PS3 as the home entertainment platform of choice.

Does the 360 still have heat issues??

Have owned them both and all things considered they are about equal. Though PS3 wins hands down with a more reliable design than the original 360 design.

Now with the new redesigned slim 360 it COULD be even footing on the reliability front but only time will tell.

I think it boils down to are there any titles that are exclusive to one platform or the other that you want to play.

For me...that means the 360...

Yeah right now I just think the 360 has a better overall feel and their Online community seems to be by far allot better than PS3.

Hands-down the PS3 in all areas. There is absolutely no reason to get an XBOX...unless it's to replace another failed XBOX. I admit that I am somewhat bias having purchased three PS3s, but this is my opinion and I endorse the PS3 as the home entertainment platform of choice.

What he said..................X10!!!!!!!!!!!!:up

I have both and without a doubt the Xbox 360 wins for gameplay, online chat, online features, online community, online gameplay, video playing from lan, and layout of the dashboard. The PS3 wins for movie playing only on Blu-ray.

I have both and without a doubt the Xbox 360 wins for gameplay, online chat, online features, online community, online gameplay, video playing from lan, and layout of the dashboard. The PS3 wins for movie playing only on Blu-ray.

I agree with this. I honestly have not played a game on my PS3 in over a year.
Not knocking the PS, I was a big PS2 fan for gaming, and the PS3 games generally look fantastic. I just enjoy some of the 360 exclusive titles better.

The PS3 is still one of the best blu-ray players available however.

Right now Blu-Ray not a issues I will always use a separate Blu_Ray player which is Sony. But right now the 360 seems to be a better product overall from what I have seen and the community side of things seems to be better as well. I see they just had a update to the Dashboard added some new things as well. Not saying PS3 is bad it's really good as well but 360 just seems to do things well in many areas. Either away I appreciate everyone input. :)

If you want to do gaming with friends you need to get what they have.

I prefer the PS3. I like the BD player and all the media playing I throw at it.

If you are not really looking to game on it, then neither is really a good choice. Something like a BD player and a Roku is probably a better choice.

For now people would be better off buying a Wii instead of paying just as much to tack on motion controls for their PS3. Also I think a thread in the 3D or BD forum pointed out there's only like 8 movies out so far on 3DBD... you'd think there were 10x as many with how much of a push 3D is getting.

As for which console to buy, ultimately whichever most of your friends has, so you can play with them, exchange games, etc.

With Blu-Ray not a selling point for you, edge likely goes to the 360 then. Go to metacritic.com and check out the top games for both consoles, see what exclusives you see at the top of one list but not the other interest you most, and go from there IMO.

Yeah Blu-Ray not a issue for me I already have a player so I will just upgrade when I need to get one with 3D playback.. Right now I will be going with the 360 like I have said I think their layout is allot better plus all the extras as well..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)