Constant popping on "Holiday Traditions"

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
For the past hour or so, there is a constant popping noise on SirusXM Holiday Traditions. No other audio channels are doing it.

Its doing it on the satellite service (XM Lynx) too... its a Sirius XM Problem.

I do like that Album art is working on Holly on my Hoppers. :D

Spending vast amounts of time @ home sick this past week, I noticed that popping on several of the Sirius channels periodically. Ironically for some of the old christmas music, it was almost nostalgic...sounded like the popping of an old record player, though I hightly doubt that was SiriusXM's goal.

The new album art is a nice touch, but its interesting the variance on how long some of them take to appear. For instance, during the Big 40 countdown on 80s on 8, there were times the art would appear almost instantly, while other songs would be almost over before the art appeared.

(the things you notice when you'd bored at home sick, huh? :sick:)

Spending vast amounts of time @ home sick this past week, I noticed that popping on several of the Sirius channels periodically. Ironically for some of the old christmas music, it was almost nostalgic...sounded like the popping of an old record player, though I hightly doubt that was SiriusXM's goal.

The new album art is a nice touch, but its interesting the variance on how long some of them take to appear. For instance, during the Big 40 countdown on 80s on 8, there were times the art would appear almost instantly, while other songs would be almost over before the art appeared.

(the things you notice when you'd bored at home sick, huh? :sick:)

Reminds me of when we were kids. My dad had a Mario Lanza Christmas album that skipped at the same point of the song every year. A think it was Star of Wonder. Anyway it went… the bitter dregs (pop), the bitter dregs (pop)… you get the idea. Anyway, I hope you are feeling better and allow me to wish all a joyous holiday.

I've been hearing it too, both through DISH and my standalone XM receiver. It has been on more than one channel.

My short term solution has been to change the channel. So far, it has only affected one station at a time. (Watch, now, I just jinxed it!)

-SF

We listened at least an hour tonight ( SirusXM Holiday Traditions)...no pops. Hopefully fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)